Librarium Online Forums banner

Ow My Golly Gosh!!!

426 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lord Lucias 
#1 ·
Hi all

So i buy the codex imperial guard to see all of these doctrines my enemys imperial guard can use. I flick to the back and WOW!!! major confusion.

Can someone please explaine them in simple english.

(not each indapendant doctrines just how to choose them ect)

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I am thinking of starting the imps as a second army next year so any advice on these doc's would really be aprishiated Thanks again.

#2 ·
it's really quite simple. any guard player may choose to use doctrines if they want to (if they do not they may use the entire basic codex but do not benefit from any of the doctrin skills "aka: skills and drills/alternate organization/etc...)

if a player does choose to use doctrines they have 5 points to spend, these points can be spent on restricted troops, alternate regimental organization, skills and drills, and special equipment.

not all doctrines are compatible, some are free, some are not, some are useless, some are not.

alternatively you can choose to play as one of the prefab armies in the back of the book, some of which have more than five doctrines. (this is the only way to get more than five doctrines, but if find most of them to be rather odd mixtures and so would advise against it.)

#3 ·
Yeah, what Korim said.

you have 5 Doctrines to spend, which can be spent on anything in the back, but include restricted troops. (there's a list of them there)

If, however, you choose to take no doctrines from the back, then all the restricted troops are available to you, to make up for it.

If you want my advice about Doctrines, I've always found these extremely useful:
Sharpshooters
Hardened Fighters (for the Command Platoon ONLY)
Iron Discapline
Restricted Troops: Storm Troopers

These are a good for all aspects of an Imperial Guard army, so should be considered.

Hope that helps.

#6 · (Edited)
Yeah, so basically doctrines can offer your gaurd characteristic upgrades (like better armour, training etc) and or restricted troop choice, these doctrines are meant to be because of their history (their linage, where they come from etc) BUT by choosing to opt for some of the doctrines you cant automatically get all the restricted troops, which normally isnt a problem as you probably wont use all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.