Ow My Golly Gosh!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Master Falcon Deathwalker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ow My Golly Gosh!!!

Hi all

So i buy the codex imperial guard to see all of these doctrines my enemys imperial guard can use. I flick to the back and WOW!!! major confusion.

Can someone please explaine them in simple english.

(not each indapendant doctrines just how to choose them ect)

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I am thinking of starting the imps as a second army next year so any advice on these doc's would really be aprishiated Thanks again.

A WISE MAN LEARNS FROM THE DEATHS OF OTHERS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's really quite simple. any guard player may choose to use doctrines if they want to (if they do not they may use the entire basic codex but do not benefit from any of the doctrin skills "aka: skills and drills/alternate organization/etc...)

if a player does choose to use doctrines they have 5 points to spend, these points can be spent on restricted troops, alternate regimental organization, skills and drills, and special equipment.

not all doctrines are compatible, some are free, some are not, some are useless, some are not.

alternatively you can choose to play as one of the prefab armies in the back of the book, some of which have more than five doctrines. (this is the only way to get more than five doctrines, but if find most of them to be rather odd mixtures and so would advise against it.)

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Yeah, what Korim said.

you have 5 Doctrines to spend, which can be spent on anything in the back, but include restricted troops. (there's a list of them there)

If, however, you choose to take no doctrines from the back, then all the restricted troops are available to you, to make up for it.

If you want my advice about Doctrines, I've always found these extremely useful:
    Sharpshooters
    Hardened Fighters (for the Command Platoon ONLY)
    Iron Discapline
    Restricted Troops: Storm Troopers

These are a good for all aspects of an Imperial Guard army, so should be considered.

Hope that helps.

Member Master Falcon Deathwalker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks

That helped a fair bit but the one thing i dont get are the restricted troops, does that mean you cant use them?

ty if you can answer that one.
    A WISE MAN LEARNS FROM THE DEATHS OF OTHERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

If you play with no Doctrines you can use anything you like but if you do play with Doctrines and want to use anything listed as a restricted troop choice like strom troops you need to use up a Doctrine to us them (dont worry they dont cost anything)
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Yeah, so basically doctrines can offer your gaurd characteristic upgrades (like better armour, training etc) and or restricted troop choice, these doctrines are meant to be because of their history (their linage, where they come from etc) BUT by choosing to opt for some of the doctrines you cant automatically get all the restricted troops, which normally isnt a problem as you probably wont use all of them.
    Last edited by Lord Lucias; July 17th, 2006 at 01:26.

+ Reply to Thread