Welcome to Librarium Online!
1. Would making the Cyclone Missile Launcher (or Dread ML) twin-linked or Heavy 2 (LOOKS like two missile racks, like the Havoc Launcher) or something make it overpowered, or proportionate to the price of the Assault Cannon?:shifty:
2. Why is it that Terminators can use COMBI-bolters but not ACTUAL bolters by themselves? I mean, aren't combi-weapons just bolters with a special weapon attached to them?:w00t: For that matter, what's stopping them from just picking up a pistol/knife?
3. In the Codex armoury section, "Models in Terminator armour can only select equipment with "T"". However, it does not say anything about being able to keep its original equipment. E.g., Would a Techmarine with Bolter/Power Weapon be able to use his BOLTER with a suit of Terminator armour?:yes:
4. Having centuries of combat experience, should they not be able to "split-fire" like Long Fangs do? THAT might make them more powerful and fluffy, in terms of off-setting the inevitable "game of numbers"...:sleep: BUT a little overpowered...for the price...haha.
5. Is Stubborn a little expensive? Would it be better to follow the Chaos codex and make it (like their veteran skills) MORE expensive for multiple-wound models, and cheaper for troopers?
That would be waaaay overpowered for the price, add 10pts and maybe.Originally Posted by AOXESNothing is stopping them, but why would they when powerfists and storm bolters are the best infantry based basic weapons in the Imperial Arsenal.Originally Posted by AOXESTM's use artificer armour, so there's no real point in using termie armour on them :rolleyes:Originally Posted by AOXESAgain, add 10pts or so per termie and it borders making sense.Originally Posted by AOXESStubborn is cheaper in the FAQ, and its WELL worth the price in my DA experience.Originally Posted by AOXES
Interesting thoughts, but none of them are that practical gaming wise, though fluff wise their OK I guess.
1 - It could work if you doubled the points of the Cyclone and made it so it gets two shots, this would be better then two Cyclones as the last man in the squad would still have a two shot weapon, sounds better then it is now but probably to powerful
2 - Thery have more strength then a normal marine thanks to there Terminator armour so they can use a heavier weapon, a normal marine needs two hands to hold one, and why would you want them to use a normal bolter anyway
3 - Agein there hands gives them more strength so they can use a better weapon
4 - Well there are the eltie but they still move in squads like the others and if the leader says target that unit then thats what there do
5 - Stubborn is nice but let the dark angels have it as it sets them apart from the others
"Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."
FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES
what is exactly the purpose of this thread are you unhappy with the current ruels or think termies underpowered in some way? :wacko:
"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly
"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity
I agreee with plague
Personally, I think that Cyclone Missile Launchers are highly underrated - remember that they can be taken in addition to a Storm Bolter and Power Fist, and who ever scoffed at having another Missile Launcher or two? They're not bad, they just take a back seat to Assault Cannons almost 100% of the time (and I love the Cyclone model).
Actually combi-bolters (or the more modern version, Storm Bolters) are larger than ordinary Bolters and are actually two strapped together. Likewise, a combi-flamer is a Bolter with a one-use flamer and a combi-melta is a Bolter with a one-use meltagun. The main disadvantage of Terminator Armour is that it's large and cumbersome and doesn't do much for the Marine's dexterity or fine motor skills, thus it's good for crushing a man's skull with one hand but when you need to pick up a small firearm like a Pistol, it's pretty darn tough.
As for your question about the Armoury, Games Workshop has accounted for this fact by making sure that all models that can wear Terminator Armour have no choice but to take the weapons with a T next to them. See, what happens is that standard Terminator Squads are stuck with whatever weapons they have and characters do not have any equipment in the first place, it must all be bought for them. No need to worry about a Techmarine in Terminator Armour, because the best he can get is Artificer Armour.
Few Marines survive long enough to make it to the First Company. Even those that do are nowhere near as experienced as the Long Fangs of the Space Wolves and they don't specialise in the use of long range heavy weapons, so it's highly unlikely that they would be able to target separate units with their Storm Bolters, nor would it be worth it if they could.
Stubborn is a special rule that only applies to members of the Deathwing, so why bother making it like a Veteran Skill? Deathwing Terminators get it by default anyway, as I recall, you don't really have a choice in the matter.
By the way, be careful about posts where the only point was to say "I agree". These are rather spammish and not a good thing for mods to catch you doing.
1: why there are two packs of missiles - there are one ofr frag and one for krack.
2: Because space marines have a codex to follow - the storm bolter is the weapon of choice for terminators. Pistols? C'mon - be serous!
3: allready answered
4: NO! That would make them completely overpowered! They get the veteran benefit with the skills: tank hunters or furious charge....and the armour itself!
Techmarines (and in fact Apothecaries as well) can no longer wear terminator armor. Still makes me sad sometimes....ah the good ole days...
4. indoctrination in the index astartes to fire in a particular way. DA are deviants only because their resourses are favourable of a restructurisalisation of the standard chapter organisation
Ok fellows we have a difficult task, so we have to be more deadly than everyday.
Make mistakes and confuse the enemy - The Doctor
Tactics are nice but it is violence that wins the day.
yeah, snif... I spent hours and hours converting a techmarine and sanguinary priest in terminator armour.. :-/Originally Posted by Chaplain Grimm