SW or BT help?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW or BT help??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW or BT help??

Uhh could some tell me the main differences err the pros and cons fer Space Wolves and Black Templars... after looking at the different chapters of space marines im stuck between the 2. I had a chance to skim through the space wolves codex and i found a view websites that reviewed them so im leaning a lil more toward that way only because i havent been able to dig up much information on the BT. so if u have any info that would help plz post.

-TREACE

BOOM! Hur hur hur...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves:

First, Space Wolves can be played as Normal Wolves or 13th Company ^_^ .. both have a really different play style. Space Wolves are a really balanced army, which can be played shooty or CC ... Having the ability to take Dreads as HQ's, Long Fangs (Devastators) can shot to 2 different units, scouts are an elite force that can do serious damage, as they deploy behind the enemy lines also the SW have access to an IG tank, the Leman Russ (named after SW primarch) which is kinda cool . And SW have the best fluff around!.. hehehe

13th Company, is a really different variant of SW, focused on Close Combat, and neglecting vehicles, 13th has a free move at the start of the battle, and some serious amount of attacks in close combat, using Long Fangs as support and heavy fire.
    The normal Troops of 13th are equal to the best assault troops in any other army, and they also have the Wulfen units (troops or elites), that are units with NO range weapons, but a lot of attacks, and a extra D6" move every turn. The fluff is also great

as someone else said here on LO: "What other primarch has a tank named after him?!" hehe

About BT i can't say much, as i don't play them, only thing i can really say.. they look cool!..

Nami kotogotoku, waga tate to nare. Ikazuchi kotogotoku, waga yaiba to nare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't BT able to move in their opponents movement phase? I think that's pretty awesome.
    Space Wolves look hella cool though. Both are fairly common so you should be able to get some good responses. Unfortunately this isn't one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wikipedia has a LOT of background on the Black Templars. They do not get to move in their opponents phase, UNLESS they lose a model to shooting, and pass their leadership test. Then they get a D6 towards closest enemy. Space Wolves are like Vikings given power armor. Black Templars are like Knights during the Crusades given power armor. I like both Vikings and Knights, knights more, and the "Wolverine" looking sargent heads of the SWs really turned me off of them. Keep wanting to say "Hey bub..." every time I see em. Hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well, as a Space wolf player, I can say how fun they can be. Nothing quite as satisfying as running over someone with hordes of close combat attacks and about a dozen powerfist hits. That and you can get a crazy souped up Venerable dreadnought as an HQ. I've heard black templar can be quite good too though. Look into fluff and see which one you prefer, the honorable knights crusading about the known universe, or the drunken hairy Space vikings who run around hitting things and cuddling giant wolves. We have a decent Space wolf community here on librarium, so I think you'll be getting a fair number of votes in that direction.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx guys

hmm alright thx guys. This leaves me another a question lol, i would like to more about the 13th company like what models can u use and where do u find the codex? can u use dreadnaughts at all or is it an infantry only army? anything u else that u think might be of any help just post.

-thx again
    BOOM! Hur hur hur...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sanctity
    Aren't BT able to move in their opponents movement phase? I think that's pretty awesome.
    Space Wolves look hella cool though. Both are fairly common so you should be able to get some good responses. Unfortunately this isn't one of them.
    No. they get to move in their opponents shooting phase if a BT infantry model dies from enemy fire and the squad passes a Ld test.
    hmm alright thx guys. This leaves me another a question lol, i would like to more about the 13th company like what models can u use and where do u find the codex? can u use dreadnaughts at all or is it an infantry only army? anything u else that u think might be of any help just post.
    I play both BT and SW 13th Co and so far I prefer 13th Co. The only models that are available to them are infantry, but this is not a disadvantage. The rules are found in Codex eye of terror and is used in conjunction with codex SW. 13th is cool because you get to mix chaos and space wolf parts, a converters dream.:yes: They are very powerfull in close combat and are better than normal SM veterans, and cost cheaper when compared with similar stats and weaponry. They are really fun to play and can really be competitive if you want the to be. Especially whenyour lord can have up to 11 strength 5 attacks on the charge! Yes, thats right 11, my local GW manager argued with one of his employees about weapons and abilities like manreaper and MotW taking stats above 10 and in the end they called the rule boyz and foun out that base written stats cannot exceed 10 but weapons and abilities with random number of attacks can take it over 10. :w00t:
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will say 2 things, space wolves are very easy to use, they have a well balanced fore, lots of fluff and are a nice army.

BT's on the other hand are the completle opposite, pure assault army. i have seen noobs to the army crash and burn because they had no idea what they were doing. alot of new BT players just expect to win.... sorry no dice....

if your new i suggest SW over BT's...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex
    i will say 2 things, space wolves are very easy to use, they have a well balanced fore, lots of fluff and are a nice army.

BT's on the other hand are the completle opposite, pure assault army. i have seen noobs to the army crash and burn because they had no idea what they were doing. alot of new BT players just expect to win.... sorry no dice....

if your new i suggest SW over BT's...
    I strongly disagree with that. Space Wolves are a very tricky army to master in 4th edition. The lack of a decent assault squad, lack of HQ abilities and no veteran skills reduce the options more or less to drop pods, mech or slogging, and i've played against at least two BT opponents with infiltrate-based lists that absolutely tore my SW a new one.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ic ic

alright i think im gonna go with either space wolves or 13th company space wolves but the 13th company cant use any vehicles at all? hmm well that sucks. what do u think is a better army to use normal space wolves er 13th co.? can 13th co use long fangs and fenrisans wolves an stuff like that? andd what tactics do u guys usally use with the 2 armies?
    (sorry bout all the questions lol)
    BOOM! Hur hur hur...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast