Brother Captain Or Grandmaster - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys dont give me the bull about how the gradmaster should always be taken. I want logical reason. WOuld u rather have a grand-master or a brother captain and 2 more termiantors for that price. Like this 1 GM and 3 terms or 1 BC and 5 terminators. Which would you chose

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, the GM has more wounds, has the ability to kill ANY multi wound creature in 1 hit, has a higher ballistic skill, higher initiative. There might be more things than these, but can't think of em at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GM - Has force weapon, higher BS, higher I, two more wounds, takes equipment from the armoury and can take a psychic power
    BC- Just your basic terminator save that he can take stuff from the armoury and a psy power.
    The Grand Master is an actual powerful character while the Brother Captain is basicly just a Terminator Sarge.

There is logic being the "bull" of people saying always taking a Grand Master. He's just better at everything then a BC.

There are situations where you might like to use a BC, such as a small point game where squeezing the most troops out of your points is a nessessary but in anything higher then a 1000+ game the GM just makes so much more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd say that bc and 5 termis vs gm 2 termis is way better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The grand master can also have any pshycic power from the daemonhunter list.
    'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elandili has the right of it. Unless you are playing 1000 pts or less, take the GM. He is better than anything and well worth the poitns ... and yes, the GM + 2 terminators can probably kill more than BC + 5 terminators. Why? Mainly because GM has I5, more wounds, and more attacks. Lots of things have I4, but with I5 you will go first 99% of the time (and simultaneously with the nasty CC models) which means fewer things strike back at you. Really, the GM is worth it. Perhaps if the BC had 2 wounds it might be closer choice, but really it's not as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm with the majority of GK players on this one, a GM master is so much better then a BC and so there is rarely no competition in 1000+ games, in 1000 pt. i would tkae the BC and extra termies as there will be less things which u need the FW for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Granted, the BC is a lot cheaper, but the GM has a higher statline. 1 GM has as many wounds as 1 BC & 2 Termies, plus a free Force weapon, and a much larger armory to choose from (not to mention psyker powers).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I've said it before and I'll say it again- Stern is a deal and a half. For less than the base cost of a GM you get the same statline (with one less wound and attack), 2 good psychic powers, force wep, grimoire of true names, and the incredibly helpful (i just failed a 2+ armor save) Strands of fate rule. Stern is a great deal and he'll save you a bundle on points. hes a bit less flexible of course, but especially in 1500 pt games hes the way to go IMO. Cause otherwise youre paying quite a few points for an extra attack and wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's also a Special Character and hence you need permission to use him in a game plus it wouldn't be that great if you based your entire army around him as it wouldn't work fluff wise.
    He's nice but meh.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast