Custom made MM Immy worth using? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Custom made MM Immy worth using?

Hi,

I know this should probably go into the "Customs" forum, but I am not sure how many visitors there would know what we are talking about...

Anyhow, I wanted to make the Immy (with MM) into more "tank-like" model, so I built this custom one based on Russ turret top, Immy MultiMelta and lots of bitz + my old credit card I like the original Immy turret, but this one looks like it loads some serious firepower.

I hope it seems more intimidating, and might scare some players into trying to kill/outmaneuver it when other pieces will be moving for a kill (like my exorcist, which I just posted in the Painting forum tonight).

Based on this goal, would you find fielding it worth the points spent over the standard heavy Flamers? And how do you like the turret?

THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS! AS REQUESTED:
    -TRUE MULTI MELTA WAS BORN AND
    -TURRET WAS MADE TO LOOK MORE SISTER-LIKE...

NEW AND FINISHED PICTURES BELOW:

I hope there are no more requests for changes - I think that I am ready to move to another project and to actually using this guy this weekend The only thing that I MIGHT change is drill soem holes in that "muffler" piece coming out of the side of the bottom melta assembly - it is there to funnel out extra gases and heat generated by this hudge gun - safety valve

Last edited by SmokWawelski; July 24th, 2006 at 05:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Wow, that is a great job. Question though... you can't claim this as twin linked, since there is only one MM on the turret, right?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SentryKiller
    Wow, that is a great job. Question though... you can't claim this as twin linked, since there is only one MM on the turret, right?
    The general ruling is What You See Is What You Get. Anything that requires modelling - such as twin-linking - needs to be modelled or you can't, technically, say that it is. Unless, of course, your opponent(s) agree(s).

The turret looks real nice, though.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I would have used a Chimera turret, I feel it fits teh 'low slung' Rhino body. (IMO)

But even then, looks pretty good, but afraid you do have to model the twin-linkedness of the MM, but it shouldn't be too hard, not if you can get to that stage!

Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox
    I would have used a Chimera turret, I feel it fits teh 'low slung' Rhino body. (IMO)

But even then, looks pretty good, but afraid you do have to model the twin-linkedness of the MM[...]
    Yes, but I could only find this one to "borrow" from a bitz box of my friend
    Hmmm... Will add two remaining barrels from the other MM than.
    Probably below the current ones, if that will look OK.
    I do not think anyone would be complaining where I play though

Glad that you guys like it.
    I see now that the pics are poor, cannot see any of the details really clearly.
    I will redo them after I paint it this week...
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; July 18th, 2006 at 15:25.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

WO-OAH! THAT is what I call awesome.

Hell, I'd let you use it. I'd pay you to use it. ^_^

Gamewise, these babies are hilarious. Your opponenet underestimates them, and bang you can bag a tank or two or three.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Thats a nice departure from the original Immolator look, good job. As it is now I would have no trouble letting you use it ingame, but some people might have a problem with the MM not being twin linked. I can think of two ways of getting around that. Firstly you could put another MM on top of the first one, set slightly back so that it looks like this: (excuse the crude drawing, I just threw it together in paint)

The Second method would be to add another set of fuel tanks to the other side of the turret and have several ammo feed wires leading into the MM. Then you can say it is supercharged or something similar.

The Turret is a little plain compared to the rest of the model. Some WH symbols and other parts from the WH vehicle sprues would help bring it a little more in line with the chassis. It doesn't need much, just a little bit

Overall I think the addition of a turret makes that Immolator look really good. It will make people have a second look and ask "whats that?" It'll be a nice addition to your WH army. When you have finished it be sure to post some pics so everyone can see how it turns out.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

I think that it will be easier to do them underneath the current ones, only because I have a flat surface there, versus all the stuff sitting on top. And all I really need is two barrels sticking out a bit (or pushed to the back maybe). The turret will get some Immy icons - I just paint them separately and them glue them on...

Will post pics - no problem

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

A quad barrel melta... THAT will be sweet.

Definitely looking forward to the pics of this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

OK. The pictures will stay here for several days and then I will try to put this guy in the gallery. Thanks for looking :yes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast