Worth the Points? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Worth the Points?

So I'm looking at the special characters for Ultramarines and I was thinking is it really worth spending the excess amount of points needed to field them or are those points spent better elsewhere. A good example would be Calgar with an Ultramarine Honor Guard. This unit has a huge amount of CC fire power but in a standard 6 turn game, would it be worth it seeing as how an opponent could attempt to avoid them the entire game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it all depends if you want an Ultramarines army, or and Ultramarines army....let me explane.

You can look at it two ways...the first is:"Ultramarines are the perfect example of a Codex Chapter, so they would balance out their troops, and always go with points vs. efficientcy".

Or you can look at it the second way...:"Well, they're Ultramarines...and Calgar IS their Chapter master....so...."

It really all depends if you want a fluffy army, or an efficeint one...

It's all up to you.

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

I'm just trying to figure out if I would be able to get my points back with them. I plan on playing a shooty style army with Ultramarines. I have so far a dread and a 10 man assualt squad w/ a dual lightning claw/jump pack master for the counter CC units to protect my shooters. Against a charging CC army, I can see them being very useful for keeping units off my ranged attackers. But in a shootout...I don't see them making up their points and probably would get hit hard trying to get into CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Have a quick look at this thread by lordlink, maybe it has some of the answers to your questions.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

+ Reply to Thread