A little Techmarine question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little Techmarine question

Hello everyone !

I'm a beginner in 40k, played more or less 10 battles, but I never tried to play the Techmarine before. I just read my codex, and I have two questions about unclear things. I hope you could answer those questions. My apologies if this has been asked quite often already.

If the Techguy have a servo-harness, it's said he have a twin-linked plasma pistol. Does this count as a second close combat weapon, giving him +1A ? Because this pistol is not in the hands of the techguy but in a servo-arm of his harness.
    If I am good in math, it would result in 2 attacks, +2 (servo-arms), +1 for the plasma pistol, total 5 attacks... My brother say that as this pistol is handled by on the servo-arms, this does not count as a +1 attack, leaving "only" (ahah) 4 attacks for the techguy. What's your opinion about that ?

Thank you in advance !

Brother Glirhuin

- edited because I found the answer for my first question in the Codex Space Marines, after reading it again ;-)

Last edited by Glirhuin; July 20th, 2006 at 18:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. I'm wondering the same thing, if I can get away with bolter/power axe in hands, so the power axe and servoharness TLPP count as 2x1H for the extra attack. it would be nice to keep the ranged punch of a bolter or plasmagun along with all this.

5 attacks +1 for terminator honors, +1 on a charge. 7 attacks. an Iron Father could get 8. Attach him to a squad with a Librarian, and the IF alone could be getting 9 attacks +2 servo arms.

Of course this is expensive and completely silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Question #1 No it's just twin linked. Read the rule book for what twin linked is.

Question #2 Read close combat rules in rule book for plus attacks for two close combat weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusade

Question #2 Read close combat rules in rule book for plus attacks for two close combat weapons.
    The rulebook implies that it doesn't matter, the Servoharness Techmarine has 2 close combat weapons (TLPP and PA) regardless of what's in his other hand, and thus gets the +1 attack. I'd just like to be sure I'm thinking right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

No not the servo harness for extra attacks in rule book but for extra attacks in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusade
    No not the servo harness for extra attacks in rule book but for extra attacks in general.
    Yeah, the rulebook doesn't seem to care where the second 1h weapon comes from, as long as you have two.

If you have a point, please make it instead of skirting around the edges.

+ Reply to Thread