Quick question on NFW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quick question on NFW

Hey, I have never posted in this forum before because I don't play DH, but last night I played at the local store and this dude trounced my IF's with a GK hero who had some cool sword. Apparently, it's a force weapon that also has a S6, so he wounds me on a 2+ with no save and then gets to take a psychic test to zap all my wounds. The guy had a Ld of 10, i think, which is almost impossible to fail. This all just seems wrong. I didn't even have a fighting chance (I think he also had something that allowed him to go first...)

Is this right?

I mean, just kick me in the nuts when I'm down... I don't think there's anything that can stand up to this dude. Maybe a wraithlord, if it gets lucky...

4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Oh yes, him.

You have had the pleausre of meeting a Grey Knight Grandmaster. I am EXTREMELY pleased to see that things did not go well for you.

As to the striking forst thing, i'm pretty sure there isn't anything in the daemonhunters arsenal that allows us to always strike first, the GM does have an initiative of 5 though.

As to the rest of it, yes indeed. He carries what is called a Nemesis Force Weapon....nice arn't they?
    But, in short it affords him a +2 strength, one handed, force weapon.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Grotstompa
    Hey, I have never posted in this forum before because I don't play DH, but last night I played at the local store and this dude trounced my IF's with a GK hero who had some cool sword. Apparently, it's a force weapon that also has a S6, so he wounds me on a 2+ with no save and then gets to take a psychic test to zap all my wounds. The guy had a Ld of 10, i think, which is almost impossible to fail. This all just seems wrong. I didn't even have a fighting chance (I think he also had something that allowed him to go first...)

Is this right?

I mean, just kick me in the nuts when I'm down... I don't think there's anything that can stand up to this dude. Maybe a wraithlord, if it gets lucky...
    Indeed he smashes rather hard. But he still has I5 and can only reduce chaos ini. And he looks nasty on paper, but I've played him several times, and he CAN handle a lot, but dies when it gets to much just like any other nasty HQ.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Well if he was useing a Grand Master. His NFW is a Power weapon and a Force weapon. If he was useing a Brother-Captain His NFW is only a Power weapon. The NFW are used at Initiative. GM I is 5 and BC I is 4. NOw the Gm can use the Force weapon only if he has not used a psychic power in that turn.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

If you think that was nasty, be glad you weren't fielding some nasty Daemonic character. A properly equipped Grandmaster can make Daemons of all sorts run crying for mommy, though it is a very specialized equipment set.

S6 Nemesis Force Weapon, Ld 10, I5, WS5, Fearless, Psyker Powers, Terminator armour, access to some very nasty wargear.... Yup, the Grandmaster is just as much of a monster as his reputation makes him out to be. Add a Terminator bodyguard with nearly the same equipment and abilities, and he's more than ready to ruin your day. As for the Wraithlord idea... nope, I've squashed my share of them, too.

The whole trick is that you pay plenty of points for those stats, and he's far from invincible. A SM Librarian with a Familiar can take him out with little trouble, provided he makes a wound with his Force Weapon. Other Characters are also a threat since they hit at I5 too - they'll probably die to the NFW, but they can take the GM down with them.

Otherwise, just keep hitting him, and he folds eventually. He's wearing plain old Termie armour, and he'll die to the exact same tactics as regular Termies (you just have to carve through a few wounds first) - he can only make so many 2+ saves, ones will eventually come up.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Eh, well, maybe he misread the Initiative thing. Sounds like my Captain should have gone simultaneously at least. I might have done a few wounds, though there could be no other result but his death (unless I rolled so many 5+ Inv saves...)

Nasty, though.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

+ Reply to Thread