Need help against DeathWing Termies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help against DeathWing Termies

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what kind of list I should use against a Deathwing army. I basically have every guard model in the codex so some idea's would help since I have never played them and there are 2 DW termy armies coming up in an upcoming campaign I am in.

My thoughts for this were to go all out infantry with no heavy weapons and melta guns in each squad. And upgrade the officers with power fists. that way I can get like 114 guys in a 1000 point army versus like 16 lmao.... but then again ive never played death wing and the armour scares me lol. and in personal experience do melta's work against termies?

Pokerface of Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

The following weapons own termies, plasma guns,lascannons and demolisher cannons

A 3 plsama gun squads of vets can be droped near a termies squads and will kill it with 6 plsama shots

Put a Lascannon in each squad so at 48" you can still kill a squad of termies a turn

Demolisher tanks are very useful as the Deathwing dont have a lot of long range anti-tank and the cannon owns them,plsama cannons work well on this tank and dont use normak lemans as they cant get past there armour
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play deathwing and guard. Always kill their land raider first if they have one. Generally deathwing will use it as mobile terrain to only engage 1-2 of your units at a time with 2-3 squads of storm bolters + 3 - 6 assault cannons + 0-3 cyclones. Kill it quick then go hunting the 1-2 dreads in each army.

Plasma and lascannons will end the termies quickly so spread them around. Use cover to get 4+ save and 5+/5+ invulnerable saves for your guard.

Kill their HQ unit which is normally a librarian or a chaplain. Chances are the chaplain is in the LRC with an assault squad or a gun squad with SGT + Lightning claws.

Spead out and make them keep coming to you. Sentinels with LCs are great at getting 1st turn shots on their land raiders/dreads with the 6" scout + 6" regular move. You want 1st turn against these guys.

Demolisher with Plasma Cannons + lascannon is good at killing terminators too.

+ Reply to Thread