Sons of Setna (creation of a chapter) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Sons of Setna (creation of a chapter)

Ever since I started playing 40k I've been obsessed with librarians and other psykers. I'm presently playing a BA force that doesn't allow much of this. So I have decided to finally (I've been thinking of starting another army for a long time) begin building them up.

So - first thing I started thinking about was - how do I get a lot of psykers in a Space marine force. After giving it some thought I went with the idea of allying a chapter of legend or ordinary codex chapter with grey knights - wich would give me at least 4 psykers; Librarian, grand master, brother-captain x2.

The fluff of the chapter would be something like a secretive loyal chapter wich is low on numbers (about 4 or 5 full companies). This chapter is a successor chapter to the ultramarines, but it was a long time since founding and the original teachings of codex astartes has been corrupted by the multitude of psychers with connection to the warp and thereby the ruinous powers.

The chapter was named after a potent psyker of the Ultramarines who was transferred to the Sons during the creation - and also became the chapters master.

This makes them a loyalist chapter with a slight tendancy toward chaos...however due to the secluded homeworld of the chapter and the secretive members - no investigation has ever proved that anything is wrong.

So - now my question to all you folks out there: I have a pretty good hint about how I will convert/build the units - what I don't know however is what chapter is going to be the base on wich I build. I have thought about allying the grey knights with space wolves - but the wolfpriest has a somewhat limited psychic ability...

Cheers!

Blood Angels
    Tau

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Well, just base them on the Ultramarines and let Librarians be Elites choices too. Elite choice Libbies should only have 1 wound:shifty:, or something like that.
    Or you could go for a Seer council-style command squad option. It's all up to you really.

I'd say not to go with Grey Knights and Space Wolves because of the Wolfpriests' limited psychic ability and the Grey Knight tendecy to want to KILL CHAOS!!! which is what you're dabbling in.:ninja:

Just be a Psychically beefed up Ultramarines, that way you go with your fluff.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Agreed! I want the army to be legal with count-as models instead...I'm not going with the grey knights - they are way to powerful and really not that psychic so I took a look in my CSM 'dex, didn't find anything there either...not really anyways. If I go with chaos I'll note that in this thread and start a new one in that forum.

Well - vanilla marines with a lot of psykers...hmm...something in the style of the techmarine? A librarian initiate? I'm going to think up some stats....

Elites - Initiate
    points - WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv
    ...50......4......4....4...4....2....4...2....8....3+

Weapons: none

Options: A Initiate can be given any equipment allowed from the Space Marine Armoury

Independent Character: A Initiate is an independent character. See the Space Marine Character special rules for more details

Psychic Power: Initiates have the Storm of the emperor's wrath psychic power. They may replace this power with an alternative Psychic power at the cost specified on page 21 (codicer cost).

Another special rule for the chapter:

Taint of chaos
    The ruinous powers of the warp has corrupted the teachings of the chapter hence they are very secretive and never cooperate with the inquisition if it is possible to avoid. They also have no priesthood as the traditions have fallen into oblivion.
    - Can never ally with the forces of the inquisition. In addition can't field chaplains.
    Last edited by Kristofer; July 22nd, 2006 at 16:47.
    Blood Angels
    Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Oh hell yes.:yes:
    It is yummy in my tummy.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I've been thinking a bit on the chapter name: Setna is a powerful magician in anciant Egypt mythology....but I don't know if it will do. Maybe I should go with a more traditional name.

Other than that - will it be playable?
    Blood Angels
    Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

No, the name is good. Don't change it. You're Librarian heavy and dabbling into Chaos. Setna is a good name for them.

I'd play against them, don't take this as a compliment, I'd play against anything wether or not I'd surely lose. But yours actually seem playable, no Force weapon to make 'imbalance', it's all good.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reallly like your idea and i would gladly play against an army like that as it adds diversity to spacemarine armies (what be great is if there was something to make your own chapter using something other than traits) ha well i can dream and good luck with your army
    P.S> like the name

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Thanks...I'm kina starting to like it now...have written an armylist/scetchup of how it would look. I'll go with the name if you folk think it's good but I still have the chapter symbol and colourscheme to work out.

The symbol....probably something that goes with the cult librarium - a horned scull or three lightnings? The colour...hmm...I used a very nice colourscheme to paint my dragon princes: Hawk turquoise highlighted with skull white mixed with hawk T. Over this there is some gold and blue for details such as eyes and stuff.

Plan is to have a terminator heavy army with some tactical squads; land speeders and some tanks for support.
    Blood Angels
    Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would work and it's startiong to sound like a thousands son pre heresy army but wihth out the red sounds great and good luck with it
    post pics when your done

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since librarians are traditionally in blue, it coudle be neat to do a dark blue with dark red trim to show the chaos taint and the dark to show the secrecy. (and to seperate them from smurfs)
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast