Starting a Demonhunters army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting a Demonhunters army

I'm considering a DH army and i want to know a bit more them. Can anyone help?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Necrons army
    W/L/D

0/2/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our core army (unless you go radical) are grey knights, heavy hitting melee troops that also pack a strong ranged punch with a storm bolter. Our elite choices are deadly, ranging from EXTREMELY good terminators to specialized snipers. We have many psychic powers and special abilities that give us an edge, such as the shrouding with is similar to night fighting rules.

Our weaknesses are that we're few in number due to high point cost, poor heavy support/fast attack variarity (dreads mainly, and a more psychological weapon) and only deep striking grey knights for FA. While very strong, we must be very careful because of the value of every model (aka we feel every death --- No shrugging off squads like IG).
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

First think your going to want to get is 2 x 10 man squads of Grey Knights (unless your going radical, then 2 x 10 man IST's). Personally I like to give one of the squads 2 psycannons. Right there, that will bring you up to 600 points even. After that if your going up to 1000, you can add a HQ (Inquisitor Lord or Brother-Captain). That will put you around 650-700. From there I would add either some combination of: another 10 man Grey Knight squad (no upgrades), some IST's, a dreadnaught if you took a brother-captian, or one of the specialized assassins if you have an Inquisitor.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Pure GKs all the way!

Armed with the best weapons (Stormbolter, Nemesis Force Weapon) they are killer, they advance without stopping like Tyranids, but all the while unleashing a hail of bullets at least as deadly as the best shooty army lists, for killing troops at least. Bu twith Dreadnoughts marching right along with teh grey Knights and thier assault cannons ripping up tanks, you have a scary army! Course it's not the easiest army to play, but who doesn't love a challenge?

Good Luck!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. What does IST stand for and how does a nemesis force weapon work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Necrons army
    W/L/D

0/2/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Hey,

IST stands for Inquisitorial Storm trooper. They are a core choice in the Daemonhunters army book and are meant (i think) to represent the human forces of the ordo malleus as opposed to the Grey Knights themselves.

Nemesis Weapons are basically strength enhancing close combat weapons. Also, depending on the rank of the Grey Knight holding it, it is also a power weapon and force weapon repectively,
    Other than that sorry, i cant post specifics.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. One more question, what are they specialities of assasins?

I won't use Demon hosts although they are insanely powerful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Necrons army
    W/L/D

0/2/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The speciality snipers are (Taken from meglo's tactica):
    4) Death Cult Assassins (DCA)
    Awesome models, great in assault, inexpensive, multi-wound. But they’re fragile, and hard to get to combat. Note: You CANNOT have an Assassin in your army without also having an Inquisitor.

Uses: What do DCA do best? Kill rank-and-file troops! These girls will tear apart anything in close combat, provided they can strike first. That means avoid tooled-up Characters. Their strength is too low to hurt enemy tanks, so avoid those as well. Because of the power weapons, these girls are great for fighting 3+ save models (SM, CSM, Necrons). Toss them against a powerfist-loaded terminator squad and watch your opponent’s jaw drop (“But… that squad cost 300 points!?)! The downside: Low save, low toughness, and PERMANENTLY independent. That means you can’t join them to a unit for protection or buy them a transport. But what they can do is infiltrate! Deploy them into cover, wait for the enemy to close, jump out, shred, repeat. Alternately, march them behind a vehicle. It’ll block LoS (even in the new 4th rules), and give whatever’s inside the transport a great additional CC kick when they reach the enemy lines.

5) Officio Assassinorum Operative
    This category covers all four types separately, but some basics first. All four have the same statline. All four are specifically geared towards different things, so if it performs badly for you, you might be using the wrong one. NONE will survive concentrated fire, so NEVER march any of them across the field (use the same tactics as the DCA’s above). You can only ever have one type of assassin from this category in your army! No combining temples, and no multiples of any one temple. Also, and I cannot stress this enough, you CANNOT have an assassin without also having an Inquisitor!

-Vindicare Assassin (sniper)
    I’d rank him third out of the four Temples. He gets some nice special rules like his stealth suit (functions like shrouding for GK) and marksman (allows him to ignore the usual independent character rules, very useful), and best of all, he gets three special rounds that can each be used once per game. BUT, this assassin is NOT good at killing Characters! Concentrate on removing squad leaders and heavy weapons teams. And unless you’re using a special round, stay away from Invulnerable-saved models – the rifle’s low AP value is much better used against armor saves than Invulnerable saves. Because of his slow rate of fire, he will rarely make his points value back, so beware when you buy him.

-Culexus Assassin (anti-psyker)
    I’d rank him last out of the four Temples. He’s only effective against psyker-heavy armies. Keep this guy away from your combats – he lowers the leadership of ALL models near him - with the 4th rules on fearless, that’ll even effect GK now! If you’re fighting an army that has medium to low amounts of psykers, leave this guy at home.

-Callidus Assassin (anti-HQ)
    I’d rank her first out of the four Temples. She has three amazing skills that allow her to deploy mid-battle, flee doomed fights, and disrupt enemy deployment, and two amazing weapons. She’s meant to tear up HQ/Characters, and she does it well. All that coolness aside, she IS the most expensive of the four, she has a low save and toughness, and she will NOT win you friends. If you were going to call anything in this army cheesy, it would be this girl – not even the GM compares!

-Eversor Assassin (anti-troop)
    I’d rank him second out of the four Temples. He gets a pimped out pistol, an insane CC weapon, a huge charge distance, and after he dies, he gets to place a template of damage to signify the toxicity of all the drugs in his system. This guy is the lawnmower to the enemy’s horde. Plus, he has the coolest model of the four Temples (I want a skull helmet too!)
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

+ Reply to Thread