Shrouding for - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrouding for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Shrouding for

Is the GK dreadnought protected with the shrouding like the rest of the GK?

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, he isn't as such reference is not listed in his options, like grey knight do have.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thanks. I was not sure so I asked. REP or you.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Yea, in the DH codex, just check under the unit name. Somewhere in the stats/special rules it will say "Grey Knight" follows Grey Knight special rules on pg. 8. I believe the Grey Knight rules only apply to Grey Knight Heroes, Grey Knight Terminators, PAGK's, FAGK's, and Purgation squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

wrong.

anything with the words "grey knight" in their name benefit from grey knight special rules, and the dreadnought in the DH codex is called a "grey knight dreadnought", so it does benefit from the shrouding, and the all the other special rules GK get.

also, remember that Gk dred's have WS5 like Gk's, while normal dred's have WS4 like normal marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Hmmm. *taps fingers on table*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by arishnakoger
    wrong.

anything with the words "grey knight" in their name benefit from grey knight special rules, and the dreadnought in the DH codex is called a "grey knight dreadnought", so it does benefit from the shrouding, and the all the other special rules GK get.
    Re-read your codex...if the Dread benefits from the special rules for Grey Knights, then why doesn't it have "Grey Knights: Subject to Grey Knights special rules detailed on pg. 8" listed on it under Special Rules? Grey Knight Heroes have it, Grey Knight Terminators have it, Grey Knight PA and FA Troops have it, Grey Knight Purgation Squads have it, Grey Knight Dreadnaughts do not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I would think that (and this is the way i have always played) the Grey Knights dreadnought does NOT benefit from shrouding.

The reason for this is simply that if it benefited from one Grey Knights special rule then it stands to reason that it would benefit from them all......yes?

However, this would render the vehicle upgrade 'blessed' (pg 19) useless as it confers upon the dreadnought the Aegis special rule....

However i may be mistaken, your best bet would be to email the Games-workshop hobby support...use this email address, they have always been very helpful.

hobbyservice@games-workshop.com.au

Regards
    Last edited by Captain Snowball; July 30th, 2006 at 11:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

oh sorry, silly me :wacko:

i got the GK special rules confused with "anything with daemon in its name or... is a demon, and is affected by daemonic special ruless" or something like that.

i confused the rules on our knights rules with the rules of daemons. bad me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always play that the dreadnought doesn't get the GK special rules too, but it still bothers me that in the daemonhunters faq on the GW website it states a Ld value for the dreadnought to be used with the aegis special rule (not the blessed rule as some threads in the past have given as the reason for this) so if the aegis rule is used then all the rules should be used as well, right?

remember that in BC sterns rules it does not say he gets the GK special rules either but how many of you play him and use the rules? I haven't used him yet so this has not come up for me.

does it bother anyone else that the crew for all of the GK vehicles have space marine crew? (even the dreadnought which makes zero sense) fluff wise why would the GKs bring inferior troops to the battlefield? probably the only time you can refer to SMs as inferior. lol

I know we are not getting an update on our codex but it would be nice to get a ruling on these points, but I'd settle for knowing for sure about the GK dreadnought. has anyone emailed GW yet if no one is going to, let me know and I will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast