Lucky Me - Free Assault Cannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky Me - Free Assault Cannon

Was at store last week and i was chatting to some random gamer who i had never met and was going over my woes about only getting one AC in a terminator box set, he told me that next time he was in he would bring one for me, obviously i was skeptical, low and behold today as i was playing my game written about in my other post, this enigmatic stranger comes in and hands me an assault cannon, i was left speechless, eventually i managed to say thanks and he left. How good is that?

Can anyone beat this and prove how good we wargamers really are to one another?

Leon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

When I bought my Defiler for my Iron Warriors army, one of the other gamers at the store asked me for the extra masks that I would have once I finished assembling it. I gave those to him that very moment. I opened the box and handed them right to him, fresh off the sprue.

I also remember a time when a younger kid was upset about how much Codex: Chaos Space Marines was going to cost him. Since I'd long since finished my time with the forces of Chaos, I pulled my 'Dex out of my bag and handed it to him with a pat on the head. I felt good for the rest of that day.:sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I had played against this one particular guy a couple of times and he was far and away my favourite opponent. One of those friendly, witty, cool headed, mellow guys who measures carefully, knows all the rules and never tries to twink out an extra partial hit with a template. You know the type. Anyway he was starting Dark Eldar and had 1000 points, barely, by sqeezing in some 200 points of Kroot. He was a young college student type, presumaby without a lot of cash so I gave him my left over Dark Eldar bits which amounted to a Radier, 12 warriors and a few beasts.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I got a really good one. See, I'm part of this forum site called Librarium Online and almost everyone on this wargaming site is amazingly nice. They help you out with army problems, chat about fun stuff, and really make the whole wargaming experience worth the while. In fact, one of our mods (she will remain unnamed for fear that she might edit this message ) helped me a great deal when I was having trouble with an Imperial Gaurd player. She even went the extra mile and found a site for me that explained a few things. Total strangers helping eachother out, thats what its all about.

Krevzi:w00t:

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha see heres me an old cynic and the world really can be full of nice people =) i love you guys lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the best pieces of advice I got when getting started was to allways take your bits box to each game. I've given out some but mostly folks just keep dropping pieces into it. Now I'm feeding others bits and its really helping the club(that is when I can get there).
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 nid players at the store. we all got in the habit of switching around peices, makes for some really interesting tyrants and fexes. including a spider tyrant, some 'hydra' fexes, fexes with inquisitor stealer heads so they still fit in with an all stealer army, and a winged tyrant, made from a mix of tyrant and fex peices.

and theres this one kid, lucky-est kid i know. he was adopted, by a civil claims lawyer, who is the head of his company. who makes $7 a minute for just showing up at work. plus both the kid and his father are good investors. any way he brought a bunch of Mrs. feilds choclate chip cookies for every one at the club. good guy, good guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonSmith
    i love you guys lol
    :shifty:
    I couldn't figure out if a CC 'Fex or a Shooting 'Fex is better. So I got both of them!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by tyranidfrenzy
    :shifty:
    That's spam. Don't do it.

+ Reply to Thread