Iron Hands - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANyone know what the deal is with the new Iron Hands MArines that are coming out in February? I saw them in the Feb issue of White Dwarf. A 10 marine box set with Missile launch and Flamer. Also a seperate HQ unit. They look cool, but are they allies or can you make a comlete Iron Hands army? ANyone know their specialties? Something tells me they might be some sort of shootie/cc army. I have no idea of their fluff.....can anyone shed some light?

Thanks
    B

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fluff from years ago had the Iron Hands as Marines with very strong connexions with the Adeptus Mechanicus. Practically every marine was like a TechMarine. They were not widely trusted because of this.

I also seem to remember something about the marines having to shove one of their hands into a forge after they finished their training until it burned away. It was then replaced with a bionic hand - hence the Iron Hands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, from what I've heard their specialty is that all the marines can have bionics at a super cheap points cost. And yes, as they are one of the first founding chapters you can and will be able to make an entire chapter of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, a new chapter. If there about the adaptus mechanus, do you think if the new campaing, which is think will be when the new C'Tan come out and maybe enslave mars or something, that they may be controlled by C'Tan? Im insane, i knew it, KILL THEM!
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the Iron Hand's primarch is named Ferrus Manus(Iron Hands in latin I think, too lazy to find a translator). After the emperor came to mars they kicked the Dragon off and it went to Medusa, where Ferrus Manus fought it for 60 days. They were evenly matched but finally Manus killed it by holding it under a lava flow. As a result he got necrodermis all over his hands(the necrodermis is the "avatar" for a C'Tan, that's why you can model them however you want), hence Iron Hands. The marines burn off their hands as a sign of devotion to him I guess.

The Dragon fled and installed itself in a new necrodermis and now the rumour is that the Adeptus Machanicus is torturing it or something on Mars for being a false god to them before the empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, so if they all get bionics (for cheap) does that mean they get a "we'll be back" roll on a 6+???? if so, hey, that is kinda cool. Too bad they are made in metal....I hate metal! I wonder if they will make more special and heavy weapon tech marines?

Thanks for the info guys. good stuff.

Closed Thread