a few questions.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few questions....

1. when drop podding tactical squad, my drop pod explodes (being shot at by opponents weapons) it says in the rulebook that you replace an exploded vehicle with an area of difficult ground representing scattered wreckage or a crater. Can marines be shot at behind that? And if so, do they get a cover save???

2. Can a carnifex have D6+1 attacks? Im asking this beacuse I played against a tyranid player and he had a carnifex with this stat.

3. "when firing at a vehicle that is behind cover, you must be able to see a mansize section to fire at it." Is that true??? I looked in the rulebook but i didn't find anything about this.

4.When resolving close combat only wounds inflicted count. There is no such thing as outnumbering, right???

Thats it for now, but I'm bound to find some more questions...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought
    1. when drop podding tactical squad, my drop pod explodes (being shot at by opponents weapons) it says in the rulebook that you replace an exploded vehicle with an area of difficult ground representing scattered wreckage or a crater. Can marines be shot at behind that? And if so, do they get a cover save???
    I believe the Drop Pod wreckage counts as Area Terrain, which you should then follow the rules for from the rulebook. To put it simply - you can't shoot through 6" of Area Terrain (unless somewhere stated otherwise). If it's less than 6" of Area Terrain, then it can be shot at but if shot through, they do get a cover save, just as if they were in it. Keep in mind the same applies for shooting the other direction.

I'm not 100% positive on this, so you should read up in the rulebook on it.

2. Can a carnifex have D6+1 attacks? Im asking this beacuse I played against a tyranid player and he had a carnifex with this stat.
    Probably. Next time, as your opponent to show you the upgrade that gives the Carnifex this rule in his or her codex.

3. "when firing at a vehicle that is behind cover, you must be able to see a mansize section to fire at it." Is that true??? I looked in the rulebook but i didn't find anything about this.
    I believe there is a section about Obscured Targets for vehicles - check the vehicles section in the rulebook.

4.When resolving close combat only wounds inflicted count. There is no such thing as outnumbering, right???
    I do believe there is, and it affects your morale. I recommend reading the Assault section in the rulebook thoroughly.

Thats it for now, but I'm bound to find some more questions...
    First, you need to (in the future) post threads like this in the 40k Rules Section - don't repost, as a mod will most likely be about to move it for you.

Second, I highly recommend that you study the rulebook thoroughly in the relevant sections before asking questions. Some of these answers have a habit of being right under your nose. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    First, you need to (in the future) post threads like this in the 40k Rules Section - don't repost, as a mod will most likely be about to move it for you.

Second, I highly recommend that you study the rulebook thoroughly in the relevant sections before asking questions. Some of these answers have a habit of being right under your nose. ^_^
    Ok, I'll keep in mind next time, THX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Yes a carnifex can have D6+1 attacks.

D6 if it's armed with crushing claws ( huge crab-like claws ) and it get's an extra attack if it also has a pair of scything talons.

+ Reply to Thread