Hardened Veterans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardened Veterans

Alright gents, so invision this:

1 Vet Sarge
    -Storm Bolter
    -Trademark Item (fluffy choice)
    -Mancharian Cross
    3 Vets
    -meltaguns
    1 Vet
    -vox-caster
    5 Vets
    -Lasguns

Now obviously thats kinda leaning toward a vehicle death unit, which is fine by me. But I also wanted a unit that could take out those tough units, like termies and chaos lords and the like, so I added a stormy for some extra punch. I would infiltrate these guys and then combined with the mancharian cross (can i do that?) they would be pretty close to some beefed up units. Would they be effective in that role? One alternative is to add some assault mettle. These guys will probably be in a few assaults, so I would replace those lasguns with laspistols and CCW's, and the Vet Sarge would get a power weapoon and a plasma pistol. Now the other alternative is to replace the meltaguns altogether and get plasma guns. Im hesitant to do this though, for obvious reasons. I would have to take a medic, and even with that, the 5+ save wouldnt really help to much. Now please, some feedback.

Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Shotguns, you know you want to

I don't see any reason why the macharian cross wouldn't work in this regard, but before you start pimping out the vet sarge, remember that he can only have 50 pts worth of stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean about the medic, they don't have an option for one.

Plasma guns have the reach and number of shots, so they'll do better against infantry and most vehicles. Meltas are really only better if you get ridiculously close to enemy tanks or are facing monstrous creatures. Given the BS4, I generally prefer the plasmas as they usually wreak a good amount of devastation before barbecuing themselves.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you plan to shoot at short range, then a simple bolter does the same work of the storm bolter for less price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

If you are assaulting, you probably want shotguns. The reasoning behind this is with the shotguns on the charge you get 2 shots at bs 4. Then you get two attacks in cc. The other combo gives you 1 shot on the charge and 3 attacks in cc. Therefore the shotguns give you a more destructive charge because they are more likely to hit, you can take out some guys before you get to cc so there are less attacks on your vets and vets aren't really going to be in cc very long, they are either going to win on the charge, lose on the charge, or get stuck with a unit that is a tar pit that won't die but still keeps fighting but can't win, conscripts, tau, etc.

I think the melta guns and shotguns are probably a good choice if you are going to be moving and charging. If not, go for las and plasma guns. The problem with these is obviously you can't charge and some might die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm. if i was to take plasma guns, would it be possible for one vet to be upgraded with a medi-pack or is that "against the rules.":rolleyes:
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by dcawrest202
    hmmm. if i was to take plasma guns, would it be possible for one vet to be upgraded with a medi-pack or is that "against the rules.":rolleyes:
    Technically you can't, though that would be an interesting Doctrine... "Officio Medicae: Any Guard Infantry Unit may take a Medic at +5 points. He has the same stats as a Guardsman and has any other Doctrine that squad takes, but also carries a Medi-Pack."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

man, dcawrest, havent seen you for a long time
    the medic doctrine would be cool, but majorly overepowering, ignoring an armour save

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin the Warrior
    man, dcawrest, havent seen you for a long time
    the medic doctrine would be cool, but majorly overepowering, ignoring an armour save
    One armor save per phase? Do you really think so?

I mean to say, saving a guardsman, overpowering? Not to mention the cost of equipping many squads with medics- you could get men instead, I think it would balance out. Perhaps if medics in squads were +10 each...

I could go on and on about Doctrines I've come up with, but that is a seperate thread entirely...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the subject of new doctrines how about this one, "Mind Lash of the Emperor" where the commander has the power for once per battle the Emperor to lash out and kill all non-Imperial forces on the board using MIND BULLETS? The best part is its free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds awful. The medic one is actually sorta interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast