Gk Transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Gk Transport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are not using the IS, and it is a pure GK army can you add a rhino to the army as a transport? Or do they not have access to transports?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way you can transport Grey Knights is through a Landraider, and its heavy support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LRC/LRs are the only transports allowed for the GKs, thats why we have teleporting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's another problem the grey kngihts have when they r counted as troops, lack of cheap transport. Against shooty armies such as TAU, if they were to charge they'd get cut down from their large amount of fire power so they really need a transport but if u're playin 500 point games against shooty armies and u dun have IS , then u'll b mostly depending on luck and cover saves to save u're ass.
    'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish GW hd given the GK a rule like this:

GK troop squads can Deep Strike as if Fast Attack, if the scenario allows Deep Strike and the GK are the attackers.

I think this is fair and goes with the fluff that Deep Striking is the primary mode of transport for GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I personally like the ability to deep strike whenever I want to. I was just wondering if I used a transport for an IS squad and they got wasted could I now load up some GK into a go about my business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, you can't put grey knights into a Rhino.

Btw, have you guys looked at the new Trial Vehicle Rules? It states that you can't assault after disembarking from a Transport that moves on the same turn.
    So rushing that LRC with 8 Termies in it and charging with the Frag Assault launchers is going to be a thing of the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah
    But! You can use the LRC for cover for that one turn, just try disembarking the troops on the opposite side of the transport from the enemy, use your LRCs guns to hose the enemy down for a turn then on the next drive it forward or away atleast, move the 6" and charge the enemy!
    It does leave your transport open to alot more fire but its better that your 14 armoured tank take the fire then your GM and his Retinue.

Closed Thread