Army Config - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army Config

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army config

what i have (or will have) is :

=][= with retinue

GM with 6 termi retinue

10 GK's

LR/LR C

so is this a good or bad army?what should i change? i know i should get more troops soo that is 1 thing but what else?

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Konstapeln' target='_blank'>Hey&#33; You&#33; Yes, you. Click this link or I&#39;ll eat your brain&#33;</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on who you&#39;re fighting and how many points are allowed.
    I would drop one land raider for more termies, or more GK&#39;s with Psycannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well..i&#39;m fighting almost all armys and we play about 1000 - 2000 point games...
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Konstapeln' target='_blank'>Hey&#33; You&#33; Yes, you. Click this link or I&#39;ll eat your brain&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how often do you fight chaos? If you do there are some upgrades that really help you out. Like sacred incense for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

about half the times i fight chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your really low on troops in this so first and foremost, you need to have more GKs, two squads if 10 is good with two squads if five to give you deep strike.
    If you are a bit short on cash for all that (And we all are hehe) You could use two squads if storm troopers to fill in the two troop slots to allow you to deep strike.

Putting into those squads, a good thing to do is give your troop based GKs psycannons and the FA ones incinerators.

Should you decide on Storm Troopers you can convert regualar Cadian IGs to Stormtroopers pretty easily and with only needing to buy one box its much, much cheaper.

A Dread would be a worthy addition to your force, they are wonderfully good at everything except moving quickly, just give him a incin/CC weap plus a Lascannon and your cookin for both tank destorying and fighting horde/CC armies.

You only really need one HQ but if two works for you then go for it, its just a bit more pricey so if you find yourself scrapping for points i&#39;d say bump the retinue down to three guys or switch him to an elites slot and bring the retinue down even more.

As well, since you have a Inquis you might want to consider getting a assassin, the Callidus is a great one that will help you out and makes up for some of our weaknesses against Sit & Shoot armies while the Vindicare could help with the tough enemies or takening out anything that you feel would be a threat.

If your facing Chaos alot always remember to give your GM the works when it comes to anti chaos gear, Incense and Grimore are a must (Don&#39;t give your Inquis this unless you don&#39;t take your GM, your GM is the better fighter and hence should be up there in combat with the Deamons while the Inquis plays a more support role)
    You may want to consider the psy powers Word of the Emperor (If they are a assaulty army). While you could give your Inquisitor lord the power Sanctuary, then with his retinue to boost his LD you can sit him on an objective and the Chaos will never be able to take it, shoot at him or attack him... provided you keep the power up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are playing in a game with less the 1500 points I would not put the LR LRC into play and instead add more troops. I personally have found that even with the upgraded hellguns the IS are very weak and often get blasted the firt round. However if they do have access to heavier weapons than the GK. There is no need for a GM and Inquisitor Lord or an Iquisitor. I have found that I prefer the Gm in games of more than a 100o points. I would try to add two more squads of GK and load them out with Psycannons. You will love the results from that weapon. I think what you are going to find is that you will be short in troops on the battle field and that you can be overwhelmed just by numbers from your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the tips&#33; next month i am getting an additional 5 GK&#39;s(and I play eldar soo i am also going too get another Vyper)

and i was thinking of taking a leman russ battle tank instead of a land raider..good or bad?and do i have too do something too bee able too use the leman russ battle tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you need two troops of IGs to take a Russ.
    Thats two full boxes of Cadians or you need two Armoured Co&#39;s which is two squads of 10 IGs plus two Rhinos or Chims.. its alot of points and its alot of money.

You really should buy the Codex or if you have it read it over so you know all the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the codex...but what I can&#39;t seem too find is the bit about what I must have too get X...

i think i rather go for a LR than a Russ

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast