Super Weapon of hoard destruction! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Super Weapon of hoard destruction!

Okay, I would never use this (or find this practical!), but a quick question. If you purchase holocaust then do your termies become psykers? Every GK is a psyker I know, but this would be used to be a crutch for my idea. If they do count as psykers then:
    Surround a Culuxis (can find codex for spelling) with 10 GK Termies with a 12" circle. The Animus weapon would add each term to its assault characteristic.

I would never use this, but it would be funny to see 12 shots coming out of one model.

Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the only Grey Knight models that count as psykers are GMs, BCs, (both HQ and Elite) and Justicars. Everything else, no matter what you give them, stays a non-psyker.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it says specifically that only squad leaders will count as psykers for the purpose of determining the animus speculums assault value.
    "We are the Ultramarines," called Uriel. "And no foe can stand against us while we keep faith with the emperor." - Brother-Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines Fourth Company.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Considering how often the GK + Culexus combo has come up on this forum (seems like at least once a month), has anybody ever actually done it? Against which opponent(s)? How well did it work?
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    Considering how often the GK + Culexus combo has come up on this forum (seems like at least once a month), has anybody ever actually done it? Against which opponent(s)? How well did it work?
    People tend to drop the idea once they learn that each GK *model* doesn't contribute a shot. Never seen it actually fielded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I have been wondering about this and this thread is a good place to ask. In the FAQ It states that if Th GH Hero and the retinue purchase the Holocaust power, they may both use it in a given turn. The Question is out of the retinue who buys the power? Then which one is the user of the power?

Just thought about this. Can you only assault in the assault phase or can you Assault and use the Holocaust power?
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior
    I have been wondering about this and this thread is a good place to ask. In the FAQ It states that if Th GH Hero and the retinue purchase the Holocaust power, they may both use it in a given turn. The Question is out of the retinue who buys the power? Then which one is the user of the power?
    The squad leader is the focus of the psychic power - if the squad leader dies, then the squad can no longer use Holocaust. So if you have a GKT unit with a Brother Captain, that BroCap is the focus - although the power is bought for the squad, it's "cast" only by the BroCap.

If you have a GK Hero + Bodyguard and both have purchased Holocaust, the Hero "casts" both versions of it. This doesn't interfere with the "one power per model per turn" rule, as the second casting is actually "cast" by the squad, but the template is placed adjacent to the Hero as if he'd cast it. If the GK Hero dies, then you've lost *both* copies of Holocaust.

If you have a GK Hero and a GKT Elite squad (which comes with its own BroCap), and both have purchased Holocaust, then the Hero "casts" and places one Holocaust, and the GKT's BroCap "casts" and places the second Holocaust.

As mentioned above, if you have a GKT squad that has lost all Grandmasters or Brother Captains attached to them - as in, there are nothing in the squad other than generic "GK Terminators", they've lost Holocaust for good.

Just thought about this. Can you only assault in the assault phase or can you Assault and use the Holocaust power?
    Are you asking if you can attack AND use the power, or only do one of the two? You can do both in one turn. Holocaust is cast at I1, so you'll usually be attacking and then casting.
    Last edited by mEGALOMANIAC; August 8th, 2006 at 01:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thanks mEGALOMANIAC.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Well, its a bummer. But it was just a stupid idea. nothing more, as at the cost of powering it up (which wouldnt even work as per rules), your opponent would laugh. At this point I would read the rules, realise that I hate all the assassins so that model on the board couldn't possibly be mine, and that I would shoot 20 storm bolter shots to be followed by 31 power weapon attacks for the charge. I was just bored, but its good to know that only the leaders are psykers. Thanks for clearing up
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To mEGALOMANIAC's last post I would like to add that the model casting it need not be in a combat to use Holocaust; it must be used during the Assault phase, after all charges are resolved, but not necessarily by a model involved in an assault.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast