How to kill 200+ feral orcs with S5 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to kill 200+ feral orcs with S5

Help??????
    I am a new black templars player and i went to a club on the week end.
    The first person i played against was an army of 200+ feral orcs.
    I just die against the large numbers orcs with choppers.
    The weak points that i found where a lack of shooting but that was about it.
    i am not sure about the rules but the guy was roling like 30 odd dice on the charge and my troops just got butched.
    How the F*&k do i kill that meny orks in the 2 or 3 turns it takes them to get across the battle field???????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy freaking bolters
    9 land speeder tornados
    Vindacators

Pretty much it.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, land raider crusaders, whirlwinds (if templars are allowed to use them, not a templar player myself so not sure about that), and predator destructors with heavy bolter sponsons.

Rhinos, if you use them, can be used to effectively shape the terrain to slow them or block lines of travel, but be willing to sacrifice them to throw a speed bump into their trek, though they will also cost you line of sight behind them. I have seen one use this tactic where the marine player positioned the rhino in such a way that there was about 2" between it and some woods, his opponent was forced to file his troops through the corridor (staying 1" away from the rhino until he destroyed it) which just happened to be in perfect LOS to a devastator squad and predator behind them. Effectively turned it into a turkey shoot as 3 squads were forced to try and run the gauntlet in as many turns, each being successively shot to pieces.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a BT player and I usually have 2 sqauds of 2 land speeder tornados to take down light infanty/ hordes.

Something else that hasn't been mentioned and that is important against armies that love close combat is that you need to force it so YOU GET THE CHARGE! I know that may sound crazy, you charging someone who loves CC, but if you charge them you deny them the +1A and you get it instead.
    Black Templars 3000 points
    Tau Empire 1750 points
    Tyranids 1500 points

Hordes of Chaos *Coming soon*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah if only there was a vow that let you get +1 I. Then you charge them and get to hit first thinning out their lines. But I would add another Lanspeeder to those squads. 7 more shots will really help. If you have them try using GK allies their storm bolter shots tear through orks and they can hold their own in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Daywalker
    yeah if only there was a vow that let you get +1 I. Then you charge them and get to hit first thinning out their lines. But I would add another Lanspeeder to those squads. 7 more shots will really help. If you have them try using GK allies their storm bolter shots tear through orks and they can hold their own in combat.
    I wouldn't risk my precious GK's in combat with orks armed with choppas! :wacko: reducing their armor save to 4+ from an excellent 2+?
    Black Templars 3000 points
    Tau Empire 1750 points
    Tyranids 1500 points

Hordes of Chaos *Coming soon*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

devs w/ heavy bolters or plasma cannons can be ur best friend if bt can have them. otherwise, plenty of assault cannon land speeder tornados. i know that bt is more cc oriented, but ur gonna get eaten alive if you try to engage 200+ orks in cc. the rhino screen isn't such a bad idea if you can position them 2" apart facing front. then the pintle storm bolter can fire and ur guys can fire, but no LOS. gl if u fight against them again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had an idea on how to take 60 odd orks out of the game with a dread.
    If i drop pod a dread behind the ork lines and open up with the Heavy flamer and death wind launcher, next turn do the same but assault to squads at the same time. The orcs cannot kill the dread and are fearless so they are stuck there for the rest of the game.
    I only have one second hand landspeeder and i can not aford any at this time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Orks are great on the charge becaus of so many attacks and a good initiative.
    BUT, they are pretty whimpy on the receiving end of charge because they strike after all normal attacks, their armor sucks so whatever wounds will most likely kill, and they don't particularly have a great leadership.
    The key to beating orks is: either shoot them to make them run away, or charge them.
    Flamers are wonderful against orks as well, instead of the assault cannon on the landspeader, think of what a heavy flamer + heavy bolter would do to a big juicy mob of orks, I guarantee it would cause more than 4 wounds.

Scouts/neophytes are great against orks too, because they cost less in points, their armor won't be reduced by the choppas, and they have the statline of a marine(or close).

Just my thoughts on how I've beaten orks.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C'Tan Pooky
    I wouldn't risk my precious GK's in combat with orks armed with choppas! :wacko: reducing their armor save to 4+ from an excellent 2+?

Umm regular GK dont have 2+ save. I was just saying you could Deep Strike them and shoot up the ork line, have them get charged, you could kill more in combat and slow down the orks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast