Drop Pod assault and Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop Pod assault and Black Templars

I played a game of Cities of Death against Tau recently and I used Drop pod assault. The following problem/ situation came up during the game: the Initiates landed and blew away a squad of fire warriors with their boltguns. In the next Tau turn he shot at me and I took my appropriate Righteous Zeal move into another sqaud of firewarriors. My opponent then argued that I can't move (even with RZ) since I just landed in the drop pod and the rules state that I can only move in my next movement phase. I thought that RZ would let me move, but I let him have his turn of shooting at me. Basically, if he fires at me can I move in his turn if I just landed in a drop pod?

Black Templars 3000 points
    Tau Empire 1750 points
    Tyranids 1500 points

Hordes of Chaos *Coming soon*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

I would say that the special BT-rule Righteous Zeal overrule the general dont-move after drop-podding.
    Fluffwise you dont have the time to move when you arrive as normal, but when being fired upon by the enemy you run towords them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep It's perfectly legal the RZ move Is made at the end of the opponents shooting phase If you pass your LD off you go :yes:
    I play Blood Angels and a friend of mine plays drop pod Templars and Its a pain whether to shoot him and lose my furious charge or just charge him!:wacko:
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The RZ overules the Drop Pod.

I don't know the exact wording in the rules but I believe it states something to the effect of troops that have arrived via a Drop Pod are considered to have moved during their movement phase.

So their considered moved just as if they moved in their movement phase.
    No difference, Zeal away!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It only applies in your own turn, not your opponent's. Otherwise you could claim "I've failed my morale check, but don't need to fall back since I just got out of a drop pod." (for example)

You don't arrive in your opponent's turn, you arrive in your own - that's the rationale to apply.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread