Tiger or T-34 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger or T-34

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiger or T-34

I had a couple of ideas to convert my leman russes to either T-34's or Tigers, but i dont want to do both due to cost issues. So i am asking your opinions on which would fit better or be cooler. Also any modeling ideas to help achieve the right looks or any other comments would be appreciated.

"Crescit in adversis virtus" (Virtue is Born in Hardship)

"Cheese is the cry of the weak"

You are; Empire (truly)
    You are 63% Honorable, 47% Bloodthirsty, 37% Magic-minded, and 85% tactically-oriented!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

difficult question, personally i think that the look of the T34 would fit into 40k better although the tiger is more realistically like a leman russ in that it has good armour and a good strong weapon. but the tiger's turret just seems too boxy. i personally would go for the T34 although dont rule out the leopard which is a cool tank if you have the option that is.
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

um some of us are not so .... milatary savy as you pics would be helpful
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are; Empire (truly)
    You are 63% Honorable, 47% Bloodthirsty, 37% Magic-minded, and 85% tactically-oriented!

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by geom
    difficult question, personally i think that the look of the T34 would fit into 40k better although the tiger is more realistically like a leman russ in that it has good armour and a good strong weapon. but the tiger's turret just seems too boxy. i personally would go for the T34 although dont rule out the leopard which is a cool tank if you have the option that is.
    Um are you thinking of the panther as I don't think leopard is even a tank (well a WWII tank that I have heard of). Either way I think it would be cool to do a Tiger tank as it is more attuned to the leman russ in stats though the T-34 looks more like a russ. Still I prefer the Tiger...maybe even the King Tiger .
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989
    Um are you thinking of the panther as I don't think leopard is even a tank (well a WWII tank that I have heard of). Either way I think it would be cool to do a Tiger tank as it is more attuned to the leman russ in stats though the T-34 looks more like a russ. Still I prefer the Tiger...maybe even the King Tiger .

The Leopard tank is the modern day German battle tank. The Panther (Panzer V) is the succesor to the German Panzer IV tank.

Personaly i prefer the look of the Panzer VI (Tiger) over the T-34 just cause the 34 looks like a a rolling slab of metal.

I really wouldn't know how to convert a leman Russ to look like it. So, i i were you, I'd just use a Tiger model as your Leman Russ's instead of trying to make one yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

The T-34 would be easier as the sloping of the hull and turret shape of a leman russ are more closely related.

The Tiger is too boxy and would pose alot of problems as it really looks nothing like a russ.

The Leopard and it's variants are some of the most common tanks in the world right now and it's main gun, the rheinmettal 120mm, is the most common main gun for NATO nations.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not worried about how hard it will be to convert to either, i am lookin for a good challenge. I am just trying to decide which would be cooler and also which one would better go with my cadian models. I mean if i had Steel Legion it would be the tiger, and the T-34 if i had Valhallans, but alas i have the new plastic cadians.

But so far it seems the T-34 would be more practical, whereas the Tiger would be more of a challenge and more sexy.

And no i will not just use a model, u cant show off non-GW models at tourniments.

You are; Empire (truly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suppose it depends on your colour scheme as well, do you just want to use ww2 tanks
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Ah so thats what the leopard is then sorry for my ignorance then. Though it does seem like the Germans like naming their tanks after big cats :yes: .
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast