G.L.U.A. Debriefing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G.L.U.A. Debriefing

Some of you may recall the Grasshopper Librarian of Ultimate Annoyance thread, but if not, it was all about getting a Codicier with a Jump Pack and Fury of the Ancients and hopping around firing it off, always staying behind cover. At 148 points, it could be a powerful distraction and even better, a real threat for some armies.

Well, the stage is set for his first time out. This saturday I am facing off against Necrons and Tau. Against Tau, all things are gravy as I envision hitting at least 2, maybe 3 units of his every turn with GLUA, forcing wound saves and pinning. Against Necrons...pinning is worthless against them, at the most I can hope to wear down the swarms of scarabs he'll send as his first wave, maybe get a casualty or two in. Maybe. Most likely for that game I'll have him jump in and help in close combat. Initiative 6, WS 5 force weapon + Storm Shield. Maybe I can go after his Necron Lord. I think the purely jumping around and shooting off FotA will do little for me.

Thoughts? I realize the Tau can deep strike some stuff, trying to kill off my librarian, but as far as I'm concerned that'll be that much less stuff slowing down my squads of regular marines from getting into CC. Against the Nightbringer that the Necron player is bringing..well, my libby is no good there anyways, at least the 12" jump pack range will keep him away from the C'Tan.

Stormcrows Chapter of the Space Marines
    Praemonitus praemunitus
    Enemy: W/L/D
    IG: 2/0/0
    Tyranids: 1/1/1
    Chaos: 4/0/1
    DH: 3/1/1
    SW: 0/1/0
    SM: 1/0/0
    Orcs: 1/0/0
    Necron: 2/2/0
    Total: 14/5/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Just curious; how is your Librarian getting Furious Charge? Does he have a command squad, or is he a Blood Angel?

EDIT: OH! Wait... read that wrong. He has a Familiar... crap.
    Last edited by Katie Drake; August 9th, 2006 at 20:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

There will be watching Inquisitor Lord watching the Stormcrow Chapter from a distance. Good luck with the games. It would be nice if I could make it, but there will be other times.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior
    There will be watching Inquisitor Lord watching the Stormcrow Chapter from a distance. Good luck with the games. It would be nice if I could make it, but there will be other times.
    Inquisitor Lord Nicodemus...the Stormcrows won't soon forget our last encounter. Many Marines died at the hands of Grey Knights, although I do recall the back of the Grey Knights as they retreated to their HQ...as did we. A bloody battle it was. Next time we will be better prepared.
    As the Librarian-Prophet Iberius likes to say; We Already Know...

Just as well, my Grasshopper Librarian would have been hard pressed to stay outside of the 6" move + 24" range of those dern Stormbolters on yer GKs. I look forward to our next game! (hey, how are the battle reports coming along? can I help?)
    Stormcrows Chapter of the Space Marines
    Praemonitus praemunitus
    Enemy: W/L/D
    IG: 2/0/0
    Tyranids: 1/1/1
    Chaos: 4/0/1
    DH: 3/1/1
    SW: 0/1/0
    SM: 1/0/0
    Orcs: 1/0/0
    Necron: 2/2/0
    Total: 14/5/3