Why Imperial Guard and strategy advice? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Imperial Guard and strategy advice?

I've been playing fantasy for a little while now, and I'm looking into maybe expanding into 40k. I kinda like the Imperial Guard. So, why should I choose the Imperial Guard faction, and I would appreciate any strategy advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

You should pick Imperial Guard because you want to.

Really, it's a little silly of a question to ask. Not to mention, there have been thousands of threads identical to this (maybe not thousands, but you catch my drift..) and it might do you good to use the "Search" function and check them out. :yes:

In the end, the choice to pick the Imperial Guard lies on your shoulders. Do you like infantry? What about tanks? These are things you have to ask yourself.

As for strategy, it depends on your army list composition, and what you're asking for - there is little "general strategy" when your army is unknown, as there are wildly different army structures, extreme examples being Mechanised and Static. It also depends on what enemies you're facing, as strategies against Orks can't really be used to their most effective state when fighting against Necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to picking an army I suggest you pick an army that you want to model and paint. There is nothing worse than sitting down to paint minis that you detest the look of. Though there is certainly a different play style to each army in 40K, the playing is only half of the hobby, if that. I spend hours modeling and painting but relatively minimal time actually playing the game. If you like the models of an army you will enjoy all of the hobby and not just some of it.

I'll get off my soap box now :shifty:

+ Reply to Thread