Rules Help Please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules Help Please

My friend said to me yesterday (he plays Tau) that he wanted to put a Dreadnought in his army. Is this allowed? if so, he isn't gonna stop there. he wants genestealers, Nurglings, Obliterator Cults, IG Tanks, etc. if there is a rule against this, can someone please give me a page reference to it? He says that he won't back down unless he sees it in the rulebook or something like that. Apparently he says that "If I bought it, I can use it". It's annoying because if I can't find a rules reference, I'm going to have to play my humble Space Marine army against a super army of all the best units from each race... Please Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Well the closet thing i could find on a short notice is in codexs it says using the options listed here...etc.

Also im sure in the rulebook it states you choose forces from there respected codiecs and all that.

I think your friend is ruining this for you, dont worry im sure theres a page that you are looking for somewhere close.!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane
    I think your friend is ruining this for you, dont worry im sure theres a page that you are looking for somewhere close.!
    I agree. he says that he no longer plays the tau, he plays "The Dave Army" (his name is Dave)

I play an assaulty S.M. Army, and this is the way I usually beat him. He can decimate me at long range, so what do i do if he adds nurglings and genestealers to the mix?

Thanks for the help,
    Lewis595959
    "In the dark, a blind man is the best guide. Thus, in this time of madness, look to the madman to show us the way.

Army:
    Wartorn Legion: 6/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Take your friend. Now slap him. Repeatedly.

He cannot take any of those units and expect to make a legal army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

You use the rules out of a codex - if the codex doesn't say you can do it, it can't be done. (Thus there is no need to write "You can't take units from other armies").

As has been pointed out, slap him. This game is not an exercise in "I can buy all the powerful units from all the armies."

Then just refuse to play him. See how much he values his obliterators when they gather dust on the shelf.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats sad if he cant find uses for the entries in his codex to fight you off..... hes in the wrong game

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

If he's taking (counts) 5 different armies, He needs an extra detachment, I'm guessing (according to the rules) that he can't take any of those good tanks either.

Yes. You can take ridiculous stupid lists that make up for your team's deliberate weakness (Bulking out with the assaulty death in a shooty army, how cheap!), but you can't take Heavy support choices.
    For what he wants, he'll need to fill one FoC's Troops slots & take another 4 in the 2nd FoC (so no Titan or war machine division either, before Dave gets ideas) just to get what he wants. He's making a 'new player' list. One that is beardier & cheesier than Santa at the dairy farm, and has no relation to the actual playing style of the army he 'chose to play as'. The only way to deal with this is fight fire with fire. Let him take those stupid things, but take some stuff too. Being Marines, you're probably limited (depending on Traits or Chapter):
    • For the Nurglings (even if he only takes 1 unit), add 2 Grey Knights squads & a Grey Knights Terminator Squad & an Inquisitor lord.
    • If he takes Genestealters, get a Squad of Seraphim loaded with Flame pistols & Power sword, then take a Callidus Assassin after the 2 minimal groups of =][= Storm Troops.
    • For the Dreadnaught (hit hammer to own head if he tries to Drop-pod it), Take a fully upgraded SoB squad instead of a Storm troop.
    Blood for the blood god, tard for the tard god.
    The thing is, you have to be blitheringly stupid to try & ally Chaos, IG (That's just f*cking stupid), Tyranids (how the f*ck do they ally with ANYTHING?), Space Marines (EVEN WORSE!), & Tau. Nearly all of them are incompatible. The Allies list I offered is legal even on 1 FoC. Just field 3 LRCs on him & make him suffer.

To take any allies, you must fill the 2 minimum troops for that allied force. He's taking another detachment to be illegal. Let him have it, but use the VDR to make an Uber-kill-everything titan for 20pts & watch him think twice about cheese. If he puts the time into making all those models, he'll have a lot of nice dust-collectors when he goes to a tourney.
    Dave: "I'm here! Let's play!"
    GW staff: "What are you doing? you can't make a 1-on-1 battle a megabattle."
    Dave: "It's not a megabattle, this is my army *hands army list*"
    GW staff: "*immediately* not legal *eats paper*"
    Dave: "But... but..."
    GW staff: You can play with the Tau (Both 6 man Firewarrior teams and whole basic Battlesuit of them). They're the only race that's got a legal FoC. Enjoy your 2,750pts game with 300pts worth of Tau against World Eaters."
    Dave: "Hmm, maybe I'll add some of those & a Revenant Titan..."
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't let him have it. He's being stupid. If you don't want to play that way, there is -no- reason for you to rearrange your army to deal with that.

The only remotely legal way for him to take all these armies as allies, since they are not allowed to ally (do you see any ally rules for them? I sure don't.), is to use separate detachments, which means two things:
    1. he has to buy the minimum requirements for each FoC - 1 hq and 2 troops
    2. he has to have your permission to do it.

Just tell him to stop being a jackass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple solution. Add a hammer to your list. Not a Hammerhead, a hammer 10-12 oz. Inform dave that, since it's not in your codex, it costs no points for your army and takes up a heavy support slot.

Now each round, take said hammer and smash one model. Then insist on playing WYSIWYG, because that is in the rules. And his demolished models can no longer function.

See if he still wants to play by Dave's rules....

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Actually, we've gone about it all wrong so far.
    All you need to do is give every unit in your army this special skill: Chuck Norris.
    It costs 0pts per model & all units are affected.

-Everything with a Ld value has the Inquisitor lord's Iron Will rule. Except it passes on t EVERY roll you make. Choose to pass or fail that rending shot that'll auto hit, auto wound, & auto not-save?
    -All units count as stationary when firing anything
    -Boltguns are replaced with Multi-meltas & 2 Chainfists.
    -All units are infiltrating & you get guranteed 1st turn.
    -All units can move 72" a turn, shoot anything, & assault 72" with 10 extra charging attacks.
    -You always strike 1st in CQC & have I11.
    -You can invoke the FB magic ability "fist of Gork (or was it Mork?)" and literaly pound the enemy with your fist. All units are immune to psychic abilities, all enemy psychic powers automatically fail & they take an intantly-killing Perils of the Warp attack, automatically wounding, with no save of any sort allowed.
    -Infantry all gets a 1+ Armour, Invulnerable, Jink, & Norris save.
    -Vehicles all have AV 100 on all sides & all have the blessed hull upgrade.
    -against enemy vehicles, you roll 14D6 penetration.
    -You reserve the right to laugh at any point of the game.

There. Take that special anti-crap army rule. You'll do fine.
    Last edited by <E!_Mance>; August 12th, 2006 at 19:25.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast