Ogryn Powersuits? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogryn Powersuits?

Here is the issue, i can see that Ogryns are good and i want to have some in my army, the only problem is that i hate to take Non-human units in my army for i believe that the filthy xenos do not deserve to die on the same battlefield as my men(this includes ratlings). So to make up for it, my army has developed the "Ogyr Systems Battlesuit" So i plan on having Ogryns but it will be men inside big hulking powersuits with ripper guns and the such.

I kind of have an idea of what i want it to look like, but im having trouble explaining their high Toughness and Low armorsave. If anyone has any good ideas, for both modelling and fluff, please let me know.

-Cowboy

"Crescit in adversis virtus" (Virtue is Born in Hardship)

"Cheese is the cry of the weak"

You are; Empire (truly)
    You are 63% Honorable, 47% Bloodthirsty, 37% Magic-minded, and 85% tactically-oriented!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the idea and had a similar concept myself, as for models thats a tricky question. but you could explain their low armour save and toughness as the battlesuit is open topped like the robots in the last matrix movie if you know what i mean.
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

ya, that would be cool, seeing a squad of guys like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Exo-13 Powered Combat suit is incredibly durable, capable of withstanding multiple hits from small arms fire with a minimal loss in effectiveness. However, the open cockpit, built to allow a full visual range as well as ease of communication, exposes the pilot to the potential dangers of combat. All pilots are given the standard issue flak armor, increasing the pilot's chance of surivival in the occasion of a pilot hit as opposed to a hit to the vehicle."

Figure the only "Wounds" a exo-suit receives are actual hits to the pilot, thus his usual flak armor is the only thing that can save him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

and various bars of metal crossing the pilot, so he doesnt fall out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geom
    i like the idea and had a similar concept myself, as for models thats a tricky question. but you could explain their low armour save and toughness as the battlesuit is open topped like the robots in the last matrix movie if you know what i mean.
    Yeah, or the walker in Alien 2 (or 1 ?) It would become a kind of sentinel, seen that a sentinel with hardened fighter doctrine already has mostly the same stats of an ogryn.

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

Yeah, just one thing. Ogryns and Ratlings arent Xenos. There abhumans, humans that have lived on harsh and strange worlds that there bodys adapted to over the years. Nothing alien about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

I would say that its the same as space marine bikes as when they take a bike they get a upgrade like 1+ T so you could just call it a upgrade.

As to the low armour save just say that the suit is ment to be used to carry the heavy ripper guns and is not designed to take the kind of hits that carapace armour can as carapace only has to cover a normal man but a powersuit would be a bigger area to cover.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyAdam512
    Here is the issue, i can see that Ogryns are good and i want to have some in my army, the only problem is that i hate to take Non-human units in my army for i believe that the filthy xenos do not deserve to die on the same battlefield as my men(this includes ratlings). So to make up for it, my army has developed the "Ogyr Systems Battlesuit" So i plan on having Ogryns but it will be men inside big hulking powersuits with ripper guns and the such.

I kind of have an idea of what i want it to look like, but im having trouble explaining their high Toughness and Low armorsave. If anyone has any good ideas, for both modelling and fluff, please let me know.

-Cowboy
    Well, I'd debate over the "good" part. But mebbe if you don't want Ogryns themselves, and you're having trouble justifying the 3 wounds/crap armour save issue for the power suit. You could try using minis from other ranges to represent a SMurf-esque, bio-engineered unit. An elite unit designed for spear-heading assaults. Perhaps pick models with a less retarded expression on their mugs to help explain the eliteness of the unit.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -33 (x0)

I am doing the same thing with my IG army. I am gonna create "Ogryns" by putting Kasrkin heads on space marine bodies. I mixed the grenade launcher and the bolter to make my version of the Ogryn ripper gun. For my "Ogryn bone 'ead" I have a kasrkin head on a terminator body. They look pretty cool.

What are your specific ideas for converting (ie what bodies and heads)? I too dislike the ogryn models (and cost) yet I like their stats so this is why I am doing what I am doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast