Land Raider Crusader - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Land Raider Crusader

Is the Land Raider Crusader worth $60? Thats my biggest question. I have been considering getting a Land Raider Crusader for my Black Templar army, but i have been hesitant because several reasons. First of which is that it costs $60! With $60 i could buy a long-wanted attack bike squadron and with $10 extra i can get an assault squad. Also, the LRC costs not only a lot in money, but also point wise.
    I am looking foward to getting a Terminator squad too and the LRC will be a great asset to the Terminators. The Land Raider is the only model that can transport the great lumbering powerhouses. Also, the LRC is a powerhouse in it's self. With twin linked assault cannons and HURRICANE bolters. Also with the twin linked melta guns it is a force to be reckoned with.
    So i hope i can get some replies and other point of veiws. Thanks for reading!

K.fatalias :ninja:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

So, this is really a matter of preference.
    I think, of all of the land raider patterns the crusader is the most worthy of purchase, HOWEVER, I feel that they should be left off the list until 2500pts and above. They are so points heavy that they are just not an "acceptable loss" until that points level. They are such a gun-magnet that fielded against an experienced player it WILL blow up ASAP.
    I think its quite fluffy and fits the black templar, but I think from the other choices you mentioned, you're far better off picking up that assault squad(or two) over either the bikes or the crusader, they will last longer and in the long run be a far better tactical choice for your army.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Dont buy it it, its only effective in huge games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on what kind of army you are playing with your BT. If you are planning on taking a number of Rhino's or you play large (2000+) point games most often then yes I think it is worth the money. For the smaller games they are really only usefull if you take a number of rhinos as usually the enemy will shoot at the LRC first but I doubt you play many rhino's since with BT your squads will be greater than 10 men usually. If thats the case get the Assualt marines first they will help you win more games. Save those LRC purchases for later (I don't know about you but I would love to have 5000+ pts of choices to take to keep my army always varied).
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    Dont buy it it, its only effective in huge games.
    Depending on what you mean with 'HUGE', I agree that in 1500 pts or less it's not worth it. Then it's better to go for a few rhinos instead and spend the points on chainswords. :yes:

But your enemy will hate it when you deploy a 14-armour tank in a 1000 pts game. Gotta love it! :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Rex is saying is very true. Often times in a 1000 point game your opponent my bring little to no items that can take down a LRC meaning it will go running around the board gunning down everything. Or if you are unlucky he will take his few heavy weapons and blow it up first turn. Meaning you just lost a ton of pts to 1 shot. Thats why its so risky, it will either win you or lose you the game single handedly.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordMephiston
    What Rex is saying is very true. Often times in a 1000 point game your opponent my bring little to no items that can take down a LRC meaning it will go running around the board gunning down everything.
    True.

However, I have one phrase for you:

Beware the Tau player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

I have a 1500 pt CoD list that I'm using right now that involves an Assault Termie squad, led by a kitted out Techmarine inside a LRC. It's working out quite well in CoD. However, in open terrain games it usually doesn't last. Worst case game I had was when my opponent got lucky with a vindicare assassin and popped it at the bottom of round 1. Then my unit was entangled. He brought his Sisters forward and rapid fired into the squad. The only survivor was the techmarine. So I guess it depends on how much gambling you want to do. No matter what unit/model you use, there's always a gamble. I just like the LRC (darn cool looking tank in my opinion) so I use it. However, I did have to drop a lot of troops in order to take it.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 in a 2000point list. They are risky but often pay off. There is just not much that can take one down. Tua are not to bad cause you can hide then till you get to close range.
    Every game i played (exept 1) the LRC have kick a**. They mean you get a termy squad just where you want it.
    Question all that you see

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Go for the assault squad. It will cause more damage than a LRC or attack bikes. Attack bike squads are a bad idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast