Inquisitorial Mandate Survey - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Inquisitorial Mandate Survey

I hear so little about this nifty little piece of under-rated wargear.
    So, I'd like to hear more, or at least underscore it's existance.

Ever used it? (Me= yes)
    % how often? (Me= only once so far, but I intend frequent use)

Comments?

(Me= I never got it into a good position, because the owning squad got swept by a single Infiltrating Lictor, even though the gameboard was nearly covered with Termagaunts, against which it would have worked nicely. But I fully recognize its ability to augment many CC situations, especially say, assasins, or allied GKs, or even charging Seraphim or Celestians using Divine Guidance in CC).

Remember that the Inquisitor may not have moved in the turn he reveals it, but he may reveal it during the Opponent's turn. I've also been a big fan of Init6 and Holy Hatred lately. I like the idea of the Mandate+Init6+Divine Guidance in CC.

I find that if I somehow create two or so dominating rounds of CC somewhere in my game, (in addition to their great close-in shooting), I'll win the game. Stacking up these little CC tricks can create those two dominating Close Combats at a reasonable cost.

Last edited by Red Zinfandel; August 17th, 2006 at 16:36.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

That is a lot of pieces that have to fall in place at the right moment. Definitively too hard to pull it off for me, but for the price you might get that thing if you are getting an =][= anyway…

Keep him close to the front lines and the trap might work!

My items of interests have been the SACRED BANNER and SACRED STANDARD – never used them but I love the look of the models so might try to get and paint one :shifty:
    The first oen seems to be more useful, but has a high cost and you need a 2000pts army to use it – never played a game with that many points yet…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Yes that is a good combination though trying to make a primarily shooting army (true for my own army anyways) into close combatants isn't my style. Can be more useful in a more combat based army. As for winning a game via this trick I would have to disagree with as easy or certain, it depends who you choose to pick fights with. Against something like Howling Banshees etc I would still place bets on the banshees.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Heiromyo
    Yes that is a good combination though trying to make a primarily shooting army (true for my own army anyways) into close combatants isn't my style.
    I think it's the opposite.
    The Mandate is actually a defense for weak CC armies.
    There is no CC tooling required. The Mandate works with any WH army that uses Seraphim, and mounted sisters. The Close Combat "tooling" comes from Seraphim using 2 faith points. You don't even need power weapons.

It's easier than you think.

- Your mounted Celestians/Dominions take an Inquisitor with Mandate in their transport.
    - He jumps out, detatches behind a semi-circle of girls, rendering himself un-targetable.
    - Girls do their shooting trick, but inevitably get charged.
    - Inevitably, the girls hold the first CC turn. THis is long enough for the Seraphim to charge into the next round of CC. (The Seraphim squad needs to be 18" away, which gives them a yardstick diameter of table area that they can be occupying and still able to achieve this countercharge).
    - Mandate is revealed during the phase in which the Seraphim charge.
    Now all Seraphim and Troops are +1A in CC. That's 4 Attacks per charging Seraphim, and the VSS will have 5 attacks charging, plus power weapon if you want. Now you're making so many hits that you might as well throw Passion and Divine Guidance onto your "to hit" roll, and you will
    1) Liberate the surviving Dominions/Celestians to consolidate back into their transport.
    2) Massacre the enemy.
    3) Take no loss yourself.

The material advantage you will gain can put the game right into your hands.

What this fixes is Dominions who drive/disembark/flame and don't "finish the job", or get caught in their forward position. Two surviving Marines can take down twice as many Dominions.

Celestians fight nicely without a vet. I prefer them to Dominions.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

I myself have not used it yet, but i plan to. (i've been using my white scars lately)

However i plan on using offensively, by this i mean having a 10 man squad of celestians with an attached priest and a canoness with litanies, being followed by the =][= with the mandate. The priest pulls out the mandate out at the start of the turn, then the celestians rush forward into cc. they will automatically pass DG due to them having 12 models, then the canoness uses litanies for the passion. so the celestians will dish out 31 attacks that hit on a 3+, 5 from the priest that hit on a 4+, 5 or 6 from the canoness depending on equipment that'll probably hit on a 4+, ALL RE-ROLLING MISSES AND 6'S CAUSING POWER WEAPON WOUNDS! Test roll this against a squad of space marines and you'll see what i mean!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread