Which Blood Angels Special Character is best and Why? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the best BA Special Character?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dante

1 8.33%
  • Tycho

1 8.33%
  • Tycho-In the Death Company

1 8.33%
  • Corbulo

0 0%
  • Mephiston

7 58.33%
  • Lemartes

1 8.33%
  • Morius

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Blood Angels Special Character is best and Why?

Which of BA Special Character is best and why? Which one do you like the most fluff wise? Also, anyone have stories of using these guys in battle and them winning the day or getting smashed please tell them. For everyone to remember there is Dante (Commander), Corbulo (Sang High Priest), Tycho (Company commander), Tycho (Company commander-In Death Company), Mephiston (Librarian), Lemartes (Chaplain), and Morius (Furioso Dread).

Also, did I miss any, are there any old Blood Angel Characters that were once playable in a previous addition or added WD?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I like Mephiston as he is T5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See I like Mephiston because of his High Toughness but he still dies to a MEQ with a PF so it isn't that great. I could technically throw a Librarian a bike and have the same thing. The only other thing he has that is individual to him is his Transfixing glare ability that can make other people have an extremely low WS but its not that great a trait. It also sucks that mephiston can't have a jump pack and so it stuck to foot slogging which in a BA amry means he may never get there. He also has no Inv save. For this reason I would have to go with Morius (or is it moriar, I forget) as his ability to ignore almost all minor damage is amazing. He is a 1 machine recking crew in hand to hand with all of his extra attacks. Though he is a little fragile when not in HtH, I hope in the next Codex they give him Venerable so he can reroll on damage chart, that would make him a real terror.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I like the fluff behind Mephiston best. Trapped, forced to fight and defeat the curse, fighting it to this day. A living example of one able to fight the curse, but still fighting it. And he's a psyker to boot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Mephiston, mostly just for flavor. The first to overcome the Black Rage and channel it into a righteous slaughter of the Emperor's foes? Too cool.

I really hope he gets a sick new mini when they get around to a new BA codex. I like his current one, but new sculpts are almost always better.

I also really like Corbulo, he's really the only Sanguinary High Priest I ever really consider including as I think the normal ones are pretty weak compared for their points compared to a Chaplain that basically does the same thing only better. But Corbulo can kick out some sick extra attacks to a Honor Guard or Vet. Assault Squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish Corbulo could have a jump pack, then he would be perfect.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if you can edit spelling on polls, but it is Moriar, not Morius. Individually, I would say Mephiston is the best. However, since Lemartes comes with 4-6 Death COmpany no matter what, I voted for him. I dislike Mephiston only in that he has no Invul save(at least i don't think he does) and has no jump pack, so he can't get to battle with an honor guard or assault squad.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

+ Reply to Thread