WH/SoB Army Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

WH/SoB Army Questions

Sister Repentia
    * Reading through the codex I really like the idea behind these models (along with the models themselves). I really want to include a squad of Repentia in my army list, but have been reading some posts stating how they are ineffective, but no specifics given. Wondering what players' experience with Repentia has been and how people have used them effectively?

Exorcist Model
    * Ok, so it seems that the only places to get the Exorcist is from eBay ($60+ after shipping) or GW Mail Order ($55 plus shipping), though its questionable if GW Mail Order still has it available. Wondering where players are getting their Exorcists from?

* Also, instead of getting the actual model I was thinking of making a custom/converted excorsist. The main body is easy since I can simply used the Rhino/Immolator chasis as that is what the Exo is based off of, but wondering what I could use/do for the Exo Missile Launcher.

Cheap Inquisitor
    * Wondering what's a good cheap (points wise) setup for an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord, around 100-150 points. Seems to me that an Inquisitor may not be worth it at such a low cost, but looking for suggestions to make him effective.

Cannoness w/ Jump Pack
    * I notice alot of players give their Cannoness a Jump Pack. When doing so do you then tend to keep here on her own and hot attached to a unit? Giving her a Jump Pack obviously means she won't be joining a sister squad/foot slog squad, which basically leaves Seraphim. But doing so you lose the Seraphim Hit and Run, so I'm assuming the Cannoness is instead left on her own?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Most all of these questions can be answered with a quick run through the Search function above, but I can answer a few quickly.

Exorcist: no question - GW Direct Services has them, and will have them for a while, per several recent conversations (and an order) with them.

Conversions can easily be done with SM Whirlwind launchers, Chaos launchers, and several other ideas. Again, search is your friend here: several different ideas can be found easily.

Canoness: with Jump Pack, keep her independent, and she can then follow behind the Seraphim, or do her own thing. When I played her on her own, I made some bad moves, so I don't know the effectiveness first hand, but it's a very useful option when used correctly.

The others I don't have personal knowledge on, so I'll let others comment on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Repentia - probably CoD battles are their best friend due to cover saves, and the fact that their D6 move ignores difficult terrain. Smaller tables are also better. In all, they are risky, wear almost nothing :ninja: , are expensive and strike last with a 6+D6 armor penetration... Love the models though :yes:

Exorcist - here is my made out of Immy, Exo armor plates and Whirlwind launcher:

Cheap =][= will not be too effective. Expensive one will do some damage, but might not get his points back. Welcoem to WH Forum :wacko: Use him if you want the special units that he unlocks... 3HB servitors are what people usually give him, with a personal choice of other henchmen...

Cannoness - always with Celestians and in a transport (flaming Immy), or with a jump pack (and Blessed weapon or Eviscerator) and alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I've got a few questions too:

Does purchasing a pintle-mounted storm bolter for a rhino make it twin-linked?

Can units disembark from a transport (an immolator, in particular) after it's moved 12"? If not, what's the range they can disembark?

Does Praesidium Protectiva count as a single-handed CCW?

What the heck is a minor psychic power?
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atma
    I've got a few questions too:

Does purchasing a pintle-mounted storm bolter for a rhino make it twin-linked?
    No. The storm bolter on the Rhino is a different weapon. You would basically have 2 storm bolters if you give it a pintle one.

Can units disembark from a transport (an immolator, in particular) after it's moved 12"? If not, what's the range they can disembark?
    Yes. As stated in the rulebook, models can disembark from a transport as long as it hasn't moved MORE THAN 12" in the movement phase. They can be placed no more than 2" from the access points.

Don't happen to have my 'Dex on me right now.

What the heck is a minor psychic power?
    It's a power that is randomly determined before a game. For example, a Chaos Space Marine player can choose to buy Minor Powers for his Lord. He buys a single power, and then, before the game starts, he rolls a die to see which power he gets. In the armory, the entry only states: "Minor Psychic power for XXX pts", rather than a NAMED power like Wind of Chaos for XXX points.

Hope that makes sense... I don't think it does, but... I tried.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Atma
    If it is listed as a single-handed CCW, then it does count as a single-handed CCW.

If it is listed as wargear, then it doesn't.

Also, read the item description in the Wargear section and it should tell you. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

IMO Repentias are too expensive for its effectiveness.
    Look at Imperial Guard's Rough Rider unit.. that thing is ___ base each.. with carapace armour upgrade + cover save upgrade, it's still 11pt each --- 11pt a model that moves 6" fleet another D6" and charge 12" that's S5 I5 power weapon like a howling banshee... use and recycle (charge and expect them to die) for the next game type of thingy.

Why do we get a 20pt model that wears adult-sized diaper for armour and always strike last.. and can only charge 6" a turn. AND! it's 0-1 choice.

It just isnt fair :x

But, yeah, I can see them do better in City Fight like Smok says.. but how good it will get, depends on your opponent's dice rolling.. You are always hit last, so you wont have alot of them left after your opponent goes first with their power weapon. Even a squad of 10 repentia is 200 + 30 points worth.. killing a squad of tactical marine will only reward you of 150 + weapon VP.. not a good trade.
    Last edited by Katie Drake; August 18th, 2006 at 19:24.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Thanks for the Repentia feedback, my biggest concern when I first saw them was their 1 int due to the PFs. Shoulda known they were tough to utilize right off the bat since my local gaming store sells them for 33% off the GW price. I'll likely still pick them up though and atleast try them, worse case scenerio I use the models to proxy another unit cause the models are pretty cool...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SmokWawelski

Could you give me a list of what you used for your Exorcist? I love how it looks.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlorlich
    SmokWawelski

Could you give me a list of what you used for your Exorcist? I love how it looks.
    From right above the image:

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski
    Exorcist - here is my made out of Immy, Exo armor plates and Whirlwind launcher
    :yes: Hope that's what you're looking for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast