Cityfighting Deathworld Veterans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cityfighting Deathworld Veterans

I know a good while ago there was a weird Chapter Approved article in White Dwarf about "swamp fighting" rules and there was even a few new doctrines for IG like Swamp Fighters and Native Cavalry for Rough Riders. This whole setting never really caught on, but obviously Cityfighting in Cities of Death has. My question is, does anyone know any rules for Deathworld vets that are from a city planet rather than the normal jungle planet or aforementioned swamp world. As in, able to infiltrate into buildings, move through them as though they were clear terrain, take heavy flamers instead of heavy weapons, and generally function like Catachans do but for a city environment. The closest thing I guess would be to give them Light Infantry and Cameleoline, but that's twice as many points and no heavy flamer which is great in cover rich environments like jungles and cities.

"No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other dumb bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good question. I also am wondering the same thing. Anybody?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the start of the deathworld codex it does say that deathworlds can count as jungles, cities, deserts and basically any other setting. the codex even tries to paint a picture of deathworld rules being quite generalised to suite multiple scenery types but then recent stuff on the GW site saying that deathworld units can only be added to an existing army if jungle rules are being used is a bit contradictive.
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

+ Reply to Thread