Chaplain with jump pack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaplain with jump pack

i recently bought the new chaplain with jump pack. The one released for the fall of medusa, standing up, i hope you know what i mean.

anyway i love the model, but when building it it occurred to me that games workshop have finally succeeded in making a model that looks cool and is practical to use for gaming. THe chapie is armed with his crozius in one arm, and a bolt pistol in the other, as opposed to the power fist or single lightning claw that space marine hero's often get. another cool feature of the model that makes even handier to play with is the fact that it is so thin. Almost the entire model is the width of the smalll 20mm base. This means that you will have no trouble fitting him where you want him in the combat.

anyway, do you think it is a coincidence, or is Gw finally getting smart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

GW is certainly offering more useable options in their boxed sets, look at the new special weapons you get in a tac box. I cant really think of any other example off the topof my head but that seems like a good indication to me.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new terminator box sets are also equally useful, you know get all 1 of all 3 heavy and some extra bits to make them special. Assault terminators are the same way since you get 5 thunder hammers and 5 pairs of lightning claws. This is very nice.

I would say that while GW prices have steadily increased, I have seen 3 generations of Termies, Tac squads, and 2 generations of tanks and the like and the new stuff is vastly superior to the old stuff. If you really want to cringe go look at the old Dreadnaught they released in the 80's that thing is uuugly. The new plastic ones are amazing!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Tactical squads used to be £10, the heavy weapons dont cost that, and the blister prices have gone WAY up (how u got heavy weapons b4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Let's get off of prices and back to the main topic, there're a dozen other topics on the subject of prices.

Anyway it does seem that they're getting smarter, for the most part (I'm looking at you Chaplain with powerfist and crozius.) In any case alot of their newer sets seem to have a lot more options that players would actually want to take in large numbers. After all how many Tac squads do you want with flamer and missile launcher? Now they come with multiple special weapons.

Honestly though I noticed this starting a while back with the new Chaos Marines (who should have been 10 to a box), Tau (yay! extra legs, now I can make realistic genestealer hybrids), and Cadians come with grenade launchers as well as flamers. The newer sets however seem to have a lot more to offer, just look at the options in the Space Marine Commander or Carnifex's box.^_^
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

I have to agree, GW has made gret progress on adding options to it's boxes. The chaplains are great. There's one on a bike, with a powerfist and with a jump pack.

C'mon, the Chaplain with a powerfist, pushing his chest out, just screams, "BRING IT!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

IC's with powerfists is just not practical.

I like a lot of the new box sets, they seem to be comming out with a lot of the options.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having been in the hobby since 2nd ed I can say that they have come light years from where they were. Some of the metal models back in the day were pretty good and there has always been a chaplain you could get with the crozius and no right arm(you could choose what type of plastic arm to give him so you had lots of options). But yeah they are getting smart finally and realizing that people aren't going to buy 2 box sets just to get one more special weapon. Now, if they'd only fix the damn terminators so you get 2 assault cannons or 2 cyclones instead of one of each. NOBODY mixes and matches and certainly noone uses the heavy flamers. I had to spend like $100 via bwbits to get my 12 assault cannon deathwing up and running. They are getting there though. My only gripe is all the flash on the plastic kits. You have to do ALOT of cleaning on plastic wheras metal you can take like 2 mins a mini if that with a small file and your'e golden.
    The sun never sets on a badass.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

anyway, do you think it is a coincidence, or is Gw finally getting smart?
    They are already smart.

Anyway, they are just appealing to new markets. No doubt they have realised the new bread of power gamers, and see a chance to make some more money.

They probably figure any player good enough to want a chaplain with jump pack, will be good enough to want a bolt pistol on the chaplain.

Peace

+ Reply to Thread