Vancouver GT Conflict Tourney Results - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Vancouver GT Conflict Tourney Results

I was spent a great weekend with my Son in Vancouver, and had a great time. I thought I would share what I learned from the Tourney with my fellow Deamonhunters for our communal knowledge. You can see my list in the Army List section.

Game 1: VS 13th Company, Space Wolves.
    I learned that Space Wolves are very fast, and much better than our Knights in CC because of their Initiative. Initiative is soooo important. I played this game right, shot, moved back, shot, moved back, but the 13th company is much faster than I could handle. I did shoot up his Wolves right away with my storm bolters, as these guys are fast. Minor Loss for me.

Game 2: VS Imperial Guard
    It is amazing what a 20 Storm Bolters will do to T3, 5+ save troops. I generally killed one squad at a time with my Knights. One of my squads didn’t even have to shoot at all. It just stayed in a Corner and held it for points. The one army that I am most scared of, I did the best against. (although he only had one Ordnance tank!):wacko: Crushing Victory for me.

Game 3: VS Eldar – Uthwe Strike force
    Very fun game, against a beautiful army. Wish I had two TLLC/ML Dreads instead of one (Wave Serpents and Falcons are so hard to kill). Again the Storm Bolters saved the game. Overall a Draw.

Game 4: VS Space Marines
    I saved this game from a complete Massacre by keeping focused on the objectives and saving Victory points. On the first turn he killed the Landraider with Scout bikes, my Assault Dread and more than enough Knights. A Minor Loss for me.

Game 5: VS Dark Angels
    This game was tough, and I again learned that even a GM+Retinue are no match for an Assault Squad with Chaplain. A powerfist killed my GM, and while I did kill most of the Assault Marines, his Chaplain and Hero lived to kill my Landraider on turn 6.
    Minor Loss for me.

This Tourney cemented my respect for our PAGK squad and how effective they are if able to bring firepower to the enemy, and that they are shootier than we give them credit for and worse at CC than we do.

I’m Glad I took the Landraider overall:rolleyes: . It never “got back” the points that it is, but provided a way to get my HQ in, and provided a mobile “shield” for my Knights. Next time I will put a PAGK squad in this, and probably forgo a Retinue for my GM or BC. It gives us mobility that we otherwise lack.

As far as the Dreads go, I took one AC Variant with the TLLC/ML one, and usually wished I had take to of the TLLC/ML versions. The range and effectiveness make it more worth it IMO. (Although in one game my AC dread fended off Eldar Bikes all on his own and ended up grabbing the objective!)

I would still take the GM and less Termies over a BC, because of his force weapon and more wounds, but that one is more personal taste.

Overall I came 6th , (not bad for a "pure" Grey Knight list) but that was mostly because of my soft scoring. ( I won Mr. Congeniality!) Regardless I am planning to do it all again next year.:w00t:

Hope this helps.

Cheers, DH

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on having fun and coming in 6th. I would have liked to compete but my force isn't very competative right now and would probably have gotten eaten up, and oh yea, I usually ally with SoB, so I would need to paint up some more points. It's nice to have your experienced advice on dreads and SW in CC. thanks

Stormie
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sound of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts
    And tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

much better than our Knights in CC because of their Initiative. Initiative is soooo important
    I dont quite follow here.....

Dont space wolves have the same initiative as standard PAGK? Well, my space wolves codex says so....maybe its an old one??

I know that their Wolf Lords have an extra attack than ours do but apart from that the only real differences are their special rules and equipment options.........arn't they?

Regards

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Well done, Diggums! Always nice to hear about actual DH forces -- especially puritan, no allies DH forces. And here I was thinking of maybe using AC/DCCW dreads more often, a la Miketehfox. But maybe I'll just stick with what I know works well.

And about your list, I just have to ask: It looks like you paid Codex: SM price for the LRC. Were you required to do so, or did you just do it to begin with? Did you also use the SM rules for it? Did you use the updated assault cannon rules from Codes: SM, too? I'm curious to know how an "official GW tournament" dealt with the sticky rules issues that constantly pop up here.
    Last edited by number6; August 22nd, 2006 at 16:50.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    And about your list, I just have to ask: It looks like you paid Codex: SM price for the LRC. Were you required to do so, or did you just do it to begin with? Did you also use the SM rules for it? Did you use the updated assault cannon rules from Codes: SM, too? I'm curious to know how an "official GW tournament" dealt with the sticky rules issues that constantly pop up here.
    They actually didn't deal with it at all. What I found interesting was that the list was basically on the honour system. I did it up, brought 7 copies, and no one other than my opponents had a look at the list?!?!? Regardless, I used the new rules for the ACs and payed the points from the SM 'Dex and no one said boo. If your list was found to be innacurate in any way, you and the first player you played were found to be DQ'ed.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread