Lighting Claws And Thunder Hammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

I have a Imperial Fist army (about 2200 points) and i wont to add a squad of termis with only cc weapons , and i 'm wondering what is better a squad of 10 termis with lighting claws or Thunder Hammers?
    Not a mix o them , i dont wont that!

Tnx in advance!

MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like the powerfist, but if you really have to stay with either all lightning claws or all thunder hammers I would go for the lightning claws. You get to attack on your initiative and the re-roll for to-wounds makes up for not doubling your strength. The thunder hammer is like saying "we took your str 8 away so that you couldn't destroy tanks, and could only stunn them. Also since you didn't kick enough @33 you had better have a 4+ armor save, and have stunned that Chaplain, if you expect to live through the rest of your assault. " I think that Lightning claws are much more offensive, they give extra attacks, are likely to wound, and deny armor saves. Thunder hammers are ok if you have one or two for that ocasional Landraider you assault, but it really just prolongs the enevitable. Even in a situation with something like a carnaifex, I would rather have the lightning claws, because you might have killed it, instead of making up for your lack of badd@33ness with a 4+ invulnerable save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightning claws for sure. You get 4 attacks on the charge. 4 ATTACKS! In a squad of 9 termies with LCs, you get 36 attacks at Terminator strength. Wow! And, you get to re-roll missed wounds. Expect to take out a squad a turn with those things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, The normal weapons are better than a Thunder hammer and Storm Shield, cause you walk around with a storm bolter. And if you deep strike, you can land and hose away the nearest squad(usually the one within rapid fire distance) And on top of that, the Imperial Fists have their own Terminator Storm Bolter arms. My recommendation is to take 5 Lightning claw termies for the assault, then take 4 with Storm bolters(on top of Sergeant) so you can still shoot some, but still close combat oriented. Plus having those IF arms would be really cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he is asking about LC and THs. I'd also with LCs too, as apart from the reasons put above, they also look mean!!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a unit of 7 assault termies, 5 litghning claws one thunder hammer and one chain fist. i mount them in a crusader and assaulting they go!! what normally happenes is the lightning claws kill enough that there are no models left btb on the th and cf( blood angels in5 on the charge) so what ever is left in the enemy gets crushed by those two, or if there is a big and nasty they hit it. Or a vehicle this is a great unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACK, I just found out that thunder hammers act just like power fist. im so dumb. in that event, I think I would actuallly sway back to the thunder hammers.... a little. personal prefrence for the power fist though.

Closed Thread