OK, a little help... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, a little help...

Alright...I need to get something straight.

There are many different types of IG, like Steel Liegon, Cadian, Catachan, Vostroyans and so on...right? And each type is a little different.

My question is:

Do the different IG's have different stats and abilities? Or do all the models do the EXACT SAME STUFF, but just different looking?

The main reason I am asking is because I am VERY excited about the new Death Korps models coming out, but I want them to be different than normal IG.

Anyway, please answer if you can.

Shane
    (Drail)

But dude...what are you going to do for a face when the monkey wants its ass back?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello mate! i think that all the regiments have the same stats...but if u look at the back of the latest codex u can add "doctrines" to ure force to customize your regiment...for example if u take an infantry platoon...but u would like it to b catachan...buy the catachan models then turn to the bac and give them the jungle fighters doctrine...that gives them diff stats i suppose! but yeah the stats available in the core of the codex apply to all regiments! from 8th cadian shock troopers to the 1002nd santas regiment! sorry im being childish now...but u get the picture!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

They do the exact same thing with the exact same stats. They just allow you to personalize and customize your army more than most model ranges. Choose one (or more) you like and enjoy

Personally I use a Cadian core army with some Praetorian allies to supplement them . When I finally get around to painting them I plan on the Praetorians to be the armored company of the division whereas the Cadian colors will comprise the majority of the infantry.

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah sounds good! when u say armoured company do u mean an army fuully built around armoured fist units and tanks?

loving your avatar may i ask how u made it? i kno what picture u used but i cnt get it to fit!
    Last edited by Too_3asy; August 27th, 2006 at 21:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

well i believe there are some doctrines that give them stat bonuses, such as +1 WS, and stuff like that, but there arent many, so you cant increase teh stats much, but other doctrines help to make them personalized adn competitive at the same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Yeah, those minis look super cool. I cant wait to get my hands on them! :yes:
    Oh, and for those who havent seen them yet, here is the link: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...reig-pics.html
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

IG do have the Doctrines, things that makes different armies a little special. Normally you have a fixed amount of such Doctrine points to spend but some of the Pre-made Armies like Cadians, Steel Legion and Kriegs may have more points then normally allowed. Making them a bit more special I guess.

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i agree, if you were ever going to use doctrines it would seem logical to go with cadians as they have used 7 doctrine points! Whereas maximum amount for a custom force is 5!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Oblivion
    Yes i agree, if you were ever going to use doctrines it would seem logical to go with cadians as they have used 7 doctrine points! Whereas maximum amount for a custom force is 5!
    Would you actually use all seven of those Doctrines? I highly doubt it.. it really isn't a huge advantage or anything.

Those different armies are represented either identically, without using Doctrines, or they are represented using the Doctrines system, which can give them added/removed stats, special equipment, and other special rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Oblivion
    yeah sounds good! when u say armoured company do u mean an army fuully built around armoured fist units and tanks?

loving your avatar may i ask how u made it? i kno what picture u used but i cnt get it to fit!

Well I have a sizeable tank force. So if I want to run an AC army I can. And they will be Praetorian color schemes. But I also mean that my armored "support" such as Leman Russ/Demolisher/Basilisk/Hell Hound/Chimeras in my normal Cadian force will still use that same color scheme. The Praetorians will also make up my Armored Fist units, as they are more trained in mechanized warfare (in my fluff anyway ). So I'm going for a kind of conglomeration feel to my army that I feel fits the IG better than a pure force.

Also my Avatar is just straight out of the IG book, if you meant my signature line it was made using a picture of a modern city overimposed by flames in a picture of a fire on a runway. All utilizing different levels of transparency etc. to try and blend them together. Just some simple Photoshopping.

Thanks for the compliment on it though, I like it quite a bit myself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast