BA Second Founding Chapters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA Second Founding Chapters

No not British Airways Second Founding Chapters but Blood Angel Second Foundings!

If I were to make an army of Angels Encarmine or Flesh Tearers or Angels Sanguine would I have to use the Blood Angels rules of use traits to make the army Blood Angels-esque ?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
    Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    "'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-
    Only this, and nothing more."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

I'm pretty sure you could do whatever you wanted with them. Some opponents might expect them to follow the Blood Angel rules when you place them on the table, but I don't think WYSIWYG prevents you from using them as a normal SM chapter with traits, I'd just check with your opponents or tournament organizer before hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

These chapters are known to display the same traits as the Blood-Angels do, and the flesh tearers are known to do so into the extreme. To not field them with BA-rules would be very confusing for the opponent. But in the end nobody can force you to use the rules if you don't want to. So you could instead use your own chapter with a similar color scheme, and use standard/trait rules.
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

I agree with the others when I say you do not HAVE to use the BA rules in order to field one of their successor chapters. It might be a little odd when you deploy your SMs to the table and explain they are using the normal SM codex rules, but nobody can force you to use the BA rules.

Fluff wise, the successor chapters of the BA do inherit the traits of the the BA (eg the black rage), so it is a bit strange to go for one of these chapter if you do not want to use their rules. Its not illegal though, so go for it if you want to.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

+ Reply to Thread