Ammo Dump Stratagem in COD - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ammo Dump Stratagem in COD

I'm thiking of usinf the ammo dump stratagem in COD for my Guard. I would pick a strategic building to use as my "castle" and put my SS, chameleone heavy bolter support squad and SS, Cham lascannon squad as well as other elements into the building. But the rules are unclear. I know the ammo dump rule says it only applies to one unit per turn in the building, but it does not say if it can be a different unit every turn. So for 1 turn I could apply what is effectively twin-linked to my lascannon squad, then the next turn "twinlinked" to my heavy bolter squad. Does anyone have clarification on this?
    Shame I couldn't park an exterminator in the building and have twinlinked everything on my 14 shot exterminator....

Sierra Company, 74th Noctan Strike Regiment - The Meatshields!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Firstly, yeah, ammo dump is one of the greatest strategems for guard - I put it in a building in front of my army, and fill it with plasmagun shooting maniacs.

As for which unit you can use, its any unit within the building, only one unit though (as you noted), but yes you can change which unit will benefit each turn.

And as for the exterminator, I dont see why you cant park it in the building - why else would there be rules for driving vehicles through buildings in the cities of death expansion rulebook? I often smash my vehicles through buildings, just make sure you equip them with a rough terrain modification of some kind, you would be surprised how often they end up damaged.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vehicles dont benefit from the ammo dump stratagem only units with 1 or more infantry models. Shame really. Rerolling misses from a demolisher would be fun....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Vehicles dont benefit from the ammo dump stratagem only units with 1 or more infantry models
    Does it actually state that? I can't remember, and dont have a copy on me here at work. I was under the assumption that it merely states that 'a unit' may befenit from these effects. Just like i'm pretty sure a hellhound can benefit from a fuel dump strategem and thus have a strength 7 template weapon.

I could be wrong, can you double check the wording for me? Cheers either way, its good to know these things.

And as for the demolisher though, i'm not so sure that would work anyway, not sure that rolling a scatter dice counts as rolling to hit against your BS, but maybe, just maybe...:shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A unit within the city ruin may re-roll any failed to hit roles."

How does this effect weapons that are already twin linked that are firing from the designated unit? Do they get to re-roll their re-rolls? I'm assuming not, I'll have to check my rule book when I get it in hand. (Happened to bring COD to work but left the main book at home.) I remember a statement about only getting to re-roll any attack once.

Either way tanks count as units so you can nominate the tank for the Ammo Store Stratagem. One of the best abuses is the re-roll on Plasma Guns. Makes 1's and 2's less likely from them. A Hardened Vet. squad with a Plasma Pistol, 3 Plasma Guns and a Heavy Bolter would be nice in that building.
    Last edited by Fenix1776; August 31st, 2006 at 07:25.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

I remember a statement about only getting to re-roll any attack once.
    You got that right. One of the main rules, no re-rolling re-rolls.

And as for the vet squad you mentioned, thats exactly the squad I was referring to when i meantion 'plasmagun shooting maniacs'. Its an awesome sight, watching a space marine assault squad melt away to nothing in one squad's worth of shooting. Although I give my vets a lascannon rather than a HB, i prefer it that way with their more accurate shooting, much more reliable to take out the big targets.

Sometimes i'm tempted to put an officer's squad in there as well, with 4 plasma guns and a plasma pistol. Give that squad the re-rolls, and leave the vets to rely on their superior baslistic skill. Thats a city ruin no-one will want to get close to.

As well as that, if you can give the ruin the medicae facility strategem as well, how awesome is that? Any failed armour saves on your over-heating guns get another 4+ save. At least, I think you can use the medicae facility that way.
    Last edited by Cadaver Junkie; August 31st, 2006 at 08:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote: "Either way tanks count as units so you can nominate the tank for the Ammo Store Stratagem."

no they dont. On p 34 of COD: "THE EFFECTS OF A KEY BUILDING [STRATAGEM] APPLY TO A SINGLE INFANTRY UNIT WITH AT LEAST ONE MODEL EITHER WITHIN IT, OR A SET DIATANCE FROM IT, AS STATED IN THE DESCRIPTION"

Because tanks aren't infantry, they dont get the effect of any Key Building stratagem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

no they dont. On p 34 of COD: "THE EFFECTS OF A KEY BUILDING [STRATAGEM] APPLY TO A SINGLE INFANTRY UNIT WITH AT LEAST ONE MODEL EITHER WITHIN IT, OR A SET DIATANCE FROM IT, AS STATED IN THE DESCRIPTION"
    whoa! Cheers for that, I'll have to double check it myself, but if thats true it changes much. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread