Very new to 40k, and DH in general. questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very new to 40k, and DH in general. questions.

Here they are:
    For the stormtroopers, do I just buy the IG stormtroopers.. or what?
    Stormbolters shoot off twice a round right?
    Is there a special sprue for Hellguns? Or are they the same as Lasguns?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

For the stormtroopers, do I just buy the IG stormtroopers.. or what?
    GW never made a seperate Inquisitorial ST model, so we have to settle for IG ST models. The current IG ST models, Kasrkin, are acceptable. And if you look around in the classic/collector's section of their site, you'll find the pre-Kasrkin ST models which are also allowed.

Some people prefer to use IG infantrymen, since you can buy 25 in a box for a lot cheaper than the metal ST models. But they come with lasguns, not hellguns, and flak armor not carapace. You'd be required to do a lot of converting.

I've seen people use Steel Legion infantrymen to represent IST as well. Since they're wearing trenchcoats, you don't have to worry about what armor they've got on. A little bulking up of their lasguns and they're good to go.

Stormbolters shoot off twice a round right?
    Last page of the DH codex tell's you. The number next to "Assault" is how many shots they get per turn.

Is there a special sprue for Hellguns? Or are they the same as Lasgunso?
    Hellguns are a lot bulkier than Lasguns are. If you buy either of the ST models I mentioned above, they come with Hellguns. If you use the third or fourth option I gave above, you'd need to convert the Lasguns to Hellguns. There is no Hellgun sprue or bit that you can order, sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that clears up alot of fog of war (haha! joke!) I had. Very very helpful, both in army section, and in here. Thanks man. Added to reputation.

+ Reply to Thread