Going to face off a few armies... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to face off a few armies...

Me and my friends are going to play each other in a few weeks, and I was wondering some tactica, or possibly specific units I should use?
    Armies I'll be playing are:
    Space Marines - Vanilla
    Tau - Long ranged, vanilla
    Chaos - Undivided with Thousand Sons Elite choices.
    Orks - CC in Battlewagons

I'm thinking that i'll fare decent against tau if I can pull off a good Deep Strike with my FAGK's.
    Space marines, he has a bit of everything really. Truly vanilla.
    Chaos, I'm not sure of, he is gonna have a defilier and a land raider for sure (he isn't a very good player, but he is good enough.)
    Orks, I think I'll be able to pull it off with the grey knights, but not entirely sure.

So are there any specific units, or tactica i should involve when we play? These will be anywhere from 1000pt to 2000 point battles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Hmmm, it might help a bit to know what your army looks like, in general terms if nothing else. It's a bit difficult to advise you not knowing what forces you're fielding.

Thanks,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well for the orks. Lots of grey knights. LOTS AND LOTS.

Against the tau. if he plays vanilla then make cc your goal and when u get there u should be able to crack his army.

Against the sm. Well this is gonna be a really good fight if he has a little bit of everything. I would suggest some IST squads for the plasma weapons. and some greyknigh terminators for cc with his marines. If it is truly vanilla then u shouldn't have to worry to much about vehicals so leave your dreads at home u shouldn't need them.

Um against chaos. You might want to think about some inducted guard for the lascannons to take care of the defiler (very nasty to deal with) and again a solid core of grey knights. maybe even some IST for plasma. Depends if u want to gamble with them or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you get any good tactical advice could you pop it into my race specific tactic post?
    Thanks(i will keep an eye out here anyway)

+ Reply to Thread