The Almight Armoured Company. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

The Almight Armoured Company.

Ok since my brief venture into the guard forum I have already gotten into several arguments over just how cheesy armoured company is. So I'm asking anyone to design any army list capable of beating this company. Remember mechanised won't work since all the ordnance will just butcher it.

Right now I know of 2 lists with a chance but thats not enough to prove armoured company isn't cheesy.

The idea is that of an army can only be beaten by others tailored to kill it then its way to powerful. A balanced list should have at least a chance against everything. Simply saying the armoured company can be beaten in some rare occasions isn't good enough. Races like orks need to have a chance too.

HQ
    Command Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Heavy Bolter
    Anti Tank Rounds

ELITES
    Ace Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Heavy Bolter
    Anti Tank Rounds

Ace Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Heavy Bolter
    Anti Tank Rounds

TROOPS:
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Lascannon

However any list can be tailored to kill armoured company so your list must also have a chance against this list. (I stole it from twovultures_aa in the nids forum). One of the lists I created to kill armoured company has no chance whatsoever against this list.

Hive Tyrant Toxin Sacs, Twin Linked Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Scything Talons, Warp Field, Wings
    3 Hive Warriors 3 Rending Claws, 3 Deathspitters, 3 Enhanced Senses
    15 Termagaunts Fleshborers
    15 Hormagaunts Scything talons, Adrenal Glands
    3 Ripper Base Swarm Spinefists, Enhanced Senses, Winged, 3 Adrenal Glands (+I)
    4 Ripper Base Swarm Spinefists, Enhanced Senses, Fleshhooks, Extended Carapace
    3 Lictors Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Feeder tendrils, Flesh hooks
    3 Zoanthropes Toxic Miasma, Warp-field, Warp Blast, Synapse Creature
    1 Carnifex Crushing Claws, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Reinforced Chitin, Spine Banks

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a problem, but how many points? just looking at it i assume maybe 1500p?

edit: i will post a list as soon as i know

well, you got a lot of anti tank (anti-tank rounds and lascannons), so the 5 tanks in my army will have a hard time, however, all together that are only 5 lascannons bf3 each, which is not so great. and i think that orcs would be very capable of beating this list (i have a lot of fast moving vehicles and zappguns in mind).
    Last edited by Microcosm; September 1st, 2006 at 12:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think a balanced tau static or mech list would have a goodchance to kill armoured companys cause they have there rail guns of death and crisis suits that can hurt when they jsj and dnt forget the markerlites callin in seeker missile salvos to destroy tanks
    dnt know if this helps hope it does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    Hive Tyrant Toxin Sacs, Twin Linked Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Scything Talons, Warp Field, Wings
    3 Hive Warriors 3 Rending Claws, 3 Deathspitters, 3 Enhanced Senses
    3 Ripper Base Swarm Spinefists, Enhanced Senses, Winged, 3 Adrenal Glands (+I)
    4 Ripper Base Swarm Spinefists, Enhanced Senses, Fleshhooks, Extended Carapace
    3 Lictors Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Feeder tendrils, Flesh hooks
    3 Zoanthropes Toxic Miasma, Warp-field, Warp Blast, Synapse Creature
    1 Carnifex Crushing Claws, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Reinforced Chitin, Spine Banks
    Looks like with that bug list you would be a bit pressed to beat that AC list. The guants and rippers are more or less only going to be good for 1 thing, and that's soaking up damage. There's a allot of pts wasted on that bug list on upgrades that will be useless in that battle. I would drop the rippers, drop a lictor or 2, and maybe cut back on some of the guants. Take at least 1 more fex or some stealers to sneak in somewhere. With rending, the stealers have a chance to tear through the rear armor of those tanks. Lictors also have a chance to rend rear armor too. I've seen several AC generals get over confident fighting again bugs and let them get to close. Only to watch as they get behind him and rend his tanks apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Looks like the link to the GW Grand Tourney rules has disappeared for the time being with all the Games Day coverage.

Is this tournament legal?
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im gonna assume that this is a 1500pt list...

But overall... I Think ether deathwing or assaultcannon heavy marines would do alright.

1 Round of shooting from a marine assault cannon has a 16% chance of destroying an AV14 vehicle, not to mention all the imobalized and other results.

Also guard with a fair amount of melta guns. & lascannons. My guard list for example packs 2 vet squads that deep strike with 3 melta's in each.

at 75 points a pop these are in every guard list i come up with.

If they deep strike withen 6" of a AV 14 vehicle, your front armour... 72.3% chance to destory it. If they deep strike withen 7-12" of an AV 14 chelick, 16.66% chanec to destroy it And thats if they deep strike and attack the front armour.

Anything with fast element with metla weapons. Heavy lascannon fire or assault cannons will ruin your day.

I probabaly wouldnt call yoru list cheesy.... Does it seam like it would be not much fun to play with or agains... yes...
    -Where Were You The Day They Stole Your Inocence?

-It Was About Time To Dig A New Well Anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

you say that orks need a chance, yet you choose one of teh best ork killing tanks that the ig have?? with all of those ordinance shots orks stand little chance, sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bugs are an army I don't play too often but would the old Infiltrating Dev list work against the bugs? I'm sure it'd work well enough aganst the armored company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

well the same army will kill bugs as well as orks, so you dont have to change it much

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The Count
    you say that orks need a chance, yet you choose one of teh best ork killing tanks that the ig have?? with all of those ordinance shots orks stand little chance, sorry
    Orks are perfectly capable of fighting armoured companies, especially this one since most of his russes are equipped with lascannons instead of the tripple heavy bolters(who usually do more damage to an ork mob than a battlecannon). I seriously doubt that the ork player would clump his models together enough for the battlecannon to do any serious damage(the reason why heavy bolters usually do better than a battlecannon). Besides, Orks can have the same russes themselves, aswell as a number really effective anti-tank weaponary such as Kannons, Killakans, Ork Dreadnoughts, Rokkits, Zzap guns, Tankbustabombz, Lascannons, Missile Launchers, Meltaguns and about ten or twenty more.

Battlecannons are great, but that people see them as an instant win weapon annoys me a great deal, because they're not. Your post pretty much says that orks can't win against ordnance. Have you ever even played against orks?

As for armoured companies, because the only thing that works against them is anti-tank weaponary, any army bringing only an average number of anti-tank will naturally be hard pressed, while any army bringing more anti-tank than the usual usually devastates the armoured company pretty darn quick.

AC are a hit or miss army, either you massacre, or you're massacred. There's rarely any match that ends somewhere between total victory or devastating defeat when playing AC and that goes for all armies, except possibly for Necrons, where every model has a chance to damage your tank.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast