Daemon Hunters.... Where To Start? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im really looking forward to collecting a pure daemon hunters army, but the only problem is that i dont know where to start , what is a usual tactic to use? what about physcic powers? im startin of with an 1100 point army list then ill go from there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you, I would start with a boxed set of Grey Knights....and after that an Inquisitor with a few henchmen, I did the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you looking for in terms of tactics? Heavy assault with Grey Knights, mass infantry with Storm Troopers. Combination of the two? If Grey Knights I would start with a couple of squads of GK and a GK hero (by himself for now, just put him in one of the other squads), then maybe look towards expansion with more power armor GK, a drednought with twin lascannons for anti-tank work (unless you want a Land Raider instead), then maybe so GK termies. This is one of th efew situations (a mostly GK army) where I would recomend probably getting a Land Raider early on, since they don't have much else in the way of heavy weapons.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just start as you would with any other army... train yourself up to painting with DH paint schemes....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pure GK Daemonhunter army.

I think LRSeries gave good advice. Decide if you want a lot of troops (taking more stormtroopers) or fewer but much better qualities. Sure, each GK in power armor costs 15 points more per model, but you get:
    S 6 in CC instead of S 3
    WS 5 instead of WS 4
    T 4 instead of T 3
    3+ save instead of 4+
    Storm bolter instead of hellgun
    All the nifty GK special abilities (Aegis, Shrouding, True Grit, Fearless, etc)

Sure, you also need to buy a 50 pt Justicar (sergeant) for the squad.. but he does carry a S 6 power weapon and gets an additional attack in CC

As well, get either a Land Raider or Dreadnought, or both! The one thing pure Daemonhunter armies lack are vehicle-killing weapons. Their highest S weapon is at 6. Personally, I have a dreadnought and just bought a Land Raider and plan to include the LR in any battles 1500 points or more that I field just because I need something that can hit hard and take a beating (Armor of 14 is tough) cuz the Armor of 12 for a dreadnought can still be hurt by things like heavy bolters unlike the Land Raider.

Also..consider buying some of the new GK w/psycannons and incinerators. Psycannons are beefed up heavy bolters which can ignore those pesky daemon invulnerable saves (and so can incinerators).

So, by taking a pure Daemonhunter force (and GK only in particular) you are deciding on an army that will almost always be smaller than your opponents...but your quality will be higher than almost all of theirs.. including most SM armies. GKs are the elite of the elite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buy some grey knights&#33;

Kei
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you get an inquisitor with your army, you can buy some gun servitors with Meltaguns, (very low ap, very high str) who have a very good BS skill. (you can get up to 3)
    that takes care of tanks, especially if you have the word of the emporor psychic power and give your inquisitor a decent ranged weapon. (or scourging)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my GK army is a mix of both. i have 20 storm troops 10 droped off via valkyie with a tele homer&#33;&#33; 3 squads of 6 marines with 2 incinerators each sqd. lord and retinue. i also have a crusader with Forge world doors and am waiting for my forge world dread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its cheating a bit, but a pugation squad does not have to have 5 members. just buy a justicar and two grey knights. 100pts

get lots of these (say 500pts worth) with no special weapons. deep strike these all over the place and assult everything in sight.
    this&#39;ll hold up the enemy and give you time to put everything else where you want it, ready for the kill...

i&#39;m not quite sure if this is legal though&#33;
    but it might work...

as for an inquisitor with henchman, pah&#33; grand master with 9 grey knight terminators as a retinue.

okay, so there&#39;s not a lot of points left (about 60).
    maybe its not such a good idea, but it might just be carzy enough to work&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah oh my god, tyler is right you know

in the codex it says for purgation squad one justicar and 2-9 GK&#39;s

and if the justicar can have a psycannon, lol, having like 3 4 guys with pyscannons just running around... thats bloody awesome

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast