Two Colour Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Colour Schemes

I have a large part of my space marine army painted and I would like to change the colour scheme of my marines, however I don't want to paint over my already painted marines. So, I was wondering, for any reason could a space marine chapter have two colour schemes. I tried thinking of something but I'm stuck. Thanks for helping.

The Ten Dimensions

"I read about something like this in a book." "Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?" "...Oh yeah."-Peter and Brian Griffin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one chapter was severly beaten down until only a few remained. another chapter was called in as reinforcements. first chapter joined second chapter since they lost all of their equipment or something like that. they are constantly in battle, and never have time to repaint their gear

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

@ Hovoc, marines never leave their chapter.

Thus, it can be just 2 chapters fighting together.
    Or paint different due to type of unit, experience or rank.

Greetings,
    Wulfbanes
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

There could just be multiple detachments within the same Chapter... Look at Space Wolves...
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I've got a couple ideas brewing, but I'm still not 100% sure.
    The Ten Dimensions

"I read about something like this in a book." "Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?" "...Oh yeah."-Peter and Brian Griffin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Here's an idea for ya- Castrol Super Clean.

Soak for 20 or 30 minutes, find an old toothbrush. Be sure to fully rinse them.

Seriously though, you could make up some kind of fluff to justify it like Deathwing in Dark Angels lists or something.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A particularly deviant chapter might have any number of reasons they have different schemes between units. For example, the Dark Angels have their Death Wing and Raven Wing. Mayhaps your Chapter has different companies each with different heraldry due to rivalries between the captains or something. The Chapter Master makes sure none get out of line but the competition is good so he keeps an eye on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Campaign Armor

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    I have a large part of my space marine army painted and I would like to change the colour scheme of my marines, however I don't want to paint over my already painted marines. So, I was wondering, for any reason could a space marine chapter have two colour schemes. I tried thinking of something but I'm stuck. Thanks for helping.

Back in the good old days of early 40K, marines would paint their armor differently for participation in different campaigns. If you look back at some old White Dwarf's you'll see it everywhere. My buddy still has an old Ultramarine Captain in green campaign armour leading his (mostly) blue force.

The simple explanaition is that part of your force was committed to stopping the rebellion on Tyranus iX, and haven't had time to send their armor back through the tech-paint booth since their return.

Valerian

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Do something similar to the Dark Angels...

Different companies have completely different armor, or the battle companies have one color and the reserves have the other color.

Or, The veterans of your chapter have the original/alternate armour coloring to signify their status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

There are several chapter that use different paint schemes. Sometimes for camouflage reasons, sometimes because of different campaigns. As has been mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfbanes
    @ Hovoc, marines never leave their chapter.
    they do actually.

they can be called by Inquisitors or join the Deathwatch (and sometimes stay with them and do not go back to their old chapter).

Or they can be exiled (Bloodquest, Uriel Ventris)

And if a new chapter is founded, experienced marines from other chapters are used to get them started and train the recruits and fill the ranks of the officers/chaplains/librarians and so on. They never go back to their old chapter afterwards.

Some Chapters also get disbanded if they have too many losses and then they get assigned to other chapters or used to found a new chapter. (even though it only takes two zygotes and 50 years to get a chapter to full numbers).
    Shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread