Diffrent ways to uses assault Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diffrent ways to uses assault Terminators

In my BT army, i have a squad of 10 assault terminators, 8 lighting claws, 2 thunderhammers, lead by a chappy with lighting claws and terminator armour to go with it.
    When i feel the need to be extra mean i take the emperor's champion along with them too.
    I always use the Vow accept any challange, no matter the odds, giving my holy army perfered enemy skill. to break that down on the charge i have
    28 S5 lighting claw attacks, rerolling to hit and wound
    6 S4 lighting claw attack, rerolling to hit and wound
    4 S6 Black sword attacks, rerolling to Hit
    If any thing lives through that they get 6 S9 thunderhammer attacks that reroll to hit.
    With that in mind i would like to ask what different ways people use assault terminators, for the sake of sharing info.
    the plan i have (note i have not tried it yet) is to deep strike them behind one of my squads as i charge up the center. this means they miss 3 or more turns worth of shooting and all going well my guns have removed thiers so to speak.
    does anybody have a suggestion on different ways to use them or improvement on the same plan???

Question all that you see

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

It's expensive, but the charge out of a LRC with 8 Terms with LCs & a chaplain is just about as bad as it gets for the enemy. It also allows you to kill some guys through shooting the many guns on the LRC before you hit.

But it's tons of points, and if it blows up, you've basically hamstrung a good part of your army. But it's fun when it does hit (which is more often than not).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I agree. it would be a much more sound plan to but them in a land raider. Altough remember the saying about them eggs in a basket!
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

As I am sure you know, terminators can not move on the turn that they deep strike. But they can shoot their guns all they---oh yeah, no guns...! That can be a problem. The turn they land they stand there very menacingly and will draw a lot of fire, plus anyone who is smart will run far away from them. You must place them carefully. If you land too far away you will spend a few turns getting there, if you scatter into the enemy...bye-bye points!
    However, I have noticed you plan on using them in a hammer/anvil type of maneuver. That might work. If you have squads in front and behind, that limits where they can flee. You definitely want your termies to be the hammer and your other units to be the anvil.

I think your best bet will be to use a landraider to deliver them unto the heretics and xenos!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u use drop pods and land right in the middle of the army, then their lack of guns won't hurt so much and u'll probably be able to at least assault SOMETHING next turn. however, it's still not as effective as either the LR delivery method or just using normal Termies with ACs. u may also lose much of the squad to enemy fire during the initial deployment after DP-ing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpowder View Post
    if u use drop pods and land right in the middle of the army, then their lack of guns won't hurt so much and u'll probably be able to at least assault SOMETHING next turn. however, it's still not as effective as either the LR delivery method or just using normal Termies with ACs. u may also lose much of the squad to enemy fire during the initial deployment after DP-ing.
    All true. in addition you should consider, drop pods only allow 5 man units in Term armor, BUT you can use them for cover/line of sight blocking...
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    All true. in addition you should consider, drop pods only allow 5 man units in Term armor, BUT you can use them for cover/line of sight blocking...
    Never field termie units above 5 man, with those big 40mm bases, i guarantee you all won't be able to attack (trust me, i used to field a 10 man termie squad with chappie)

Oh, and you got your # of attacks wrong, it would be 32 lightning claw attacks (remember 4 attacks each on the charge)
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bother Gary View Post
    28 S5 lighting claw attacks, rerolling to hit and wound
    6 S4 lighting claw attack, rerolling to hit and wound
    4 S6 Black sword attacks, rerolling to Hit
    6 S9 thunderhammer attacks that reroll to hit.
    They will charge, they will kill EVERYTHING and then they will stand out in the open and get most of your oponents shooting directed at them. A unit that big cost alot and even if he only bring them down under half he will get loads of VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bother Gary View Post
    the plan i have (note i have not tried it yet) is to deep strike them behind one of my squads as i charge up the center. this means they miss 3 or more turns worth of shooting and all going well my guns have removed thiers so to speak.
    does anybody have a suggestion on different ways to use them or improvement on the same plan???
    This also mean that you will lose at minimum two rounds of combat with your guys, and that are if you are lucky with the reserves roll and the scatter. To Deep Strike terminators is always dangerous, its to really put everything on two D6 rolls. If you fail then you have lost a great part of your army, if you get them down then you might get a scatter. BUT I guess that you will have a teleport homer in your squad and then its a totaly different thing. Please tell me you have a Homer in the unit you plan to deep strike behind.

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    ...trust me, i used to field a 10 man termie squad with chappie.
    Is that tactical terminators or assault terminators?
    Last edited by phoebus; October 9th, 2006 at 06:13.

+ Reply to Thread