New To Daemonhunters! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am new to this warhammer thing and have decided to try the Daemonhunters. As soon as I saw them I loved them. So far I have:
    Inquistor
    2xGreyknights Squads (10)
    1xTerminator Squad (5)

Any Strategies against the Tau,Trynids or Bloodangels would be helpful
    (friends are playing too).

Edit: Sorry messed up and somehow posted the darn thing twice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. U need to get more grey knights so that u're deepstriking will be more affective. To have the maximum amount of grey knights to deepstrike (which u really need to do&#33 and to have a cheaper point army, u need to get at least 10 inquisitorial stormtroopers so that they can take up the compulsory troop slots and the rest of u're grey knights would be able to deep strike. Oh and a grand-master would be a great addition to u're army (just get the brother-captain stern model).

Against TAU;
    Get a purgation squad of 4 psycannons and try to out shoot them while the rest of u're grey knights deepstrike. Make sure that u're deepstriking units have incineratorsand that they deepstrike right next to em cause those jump pack can be a pain in the ass!

Against Tyranids;
    Deepstriking with incinerators would be a major blow to them but there's the dange of being swamped by the sheer numbers of them so u're best bet would be to sit back and keep shooting cause u have the shrouding ability and against their crumby weapons should save u from most range attaks. Get a purgation squad of 4 psycannons and just let them shoot the ***** out of them as they get close but make sure u have a few incinerators ahead of them (in another unit ofcourse) just in case they get too close.

I dunno bout blood angels cause i've never versed em myself.

If u follow these tips u should be fine. hope this helps
    'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dreadnought will come in handy against just about any situation.

Blood Angels-Agaisnt blood angels they will try to get in combat and fast. They do a pretty good job of doing that to. Be prepared to take on lots of Jump Pack Marines and Death Company Marines. The good side is that they will have almost no long range weapons so use that to your advantage. Dreadnoughts, Shooty Inquistor Squad, Storm Troopers, and good old Grey Knights will fill this roll. And when they do get in combat have a couple of grey knights to hold them off. I suggest that you keep your men close together so relatively few Grey Knights can protect your army. If you do this though then be careful of blast weapons.
    The best weapons to take against these guys is Lascannons, Missle, Plasmas, or just about anything else thats is AP3

Tau- For Tau I take a Grand Master, Terminators, and regular Knights, put them in formation, have guardsmen infront for a humansheild, and march down field to get in combat. Have shooty units in the back for covering fire. I wouldn't recomned taking alot of vechiles because their Rail Guns will pop them open like a pimple.
    Missle Launchers and Heavy Bolters I think is the best heavy weapons to fight Tau with. Use missle launchers to take out vechiles or crisis suits, if not them use the blast to take out Fire Warriors or Kroot. The Heavy Boltes should be used to take out Firewarriors, Gun Drones, Kroot, or any thing else thats light. GO for the Enthreal if he takes one because if he dies then that will cause some problems for Tau. Try and get a deep striking unit in there for cross fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think first of all these other two chaps are getting ahead of themselves. I will gladly help you but id like to help you create the list you want to play not what i would play so to begin with:

How many points?

Do you like inquistors and all their cool toys be it assasins, storm troopers and retinues?

or you a purist grey knight fella?

and both those questions follow closesly with do you want to be more hand to hand or more shooting? Im gonna tell you straight up daemonhunters and especially purists grey knights are very hard for a beginner to play with and win. My brother went months while we were tweaking his list before he got any wins, but once you get your grove and strat down you can do very, very, well.

once you answer those questions we can help you make a good list that will save you money so you dont buy stuff then find out you hate it then buy other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, as Orius said this army is not a good one for you started out and infact the number of losses it may take you to become used to 40k, let alone a DH's army particular style of play may sour you to the entire hobby.
    It gets even worse if you want to play a pure Grey Knights list, so keep this all in mind before you buy a single model.
    A much more newbie friendly army would be Space Marines/Necrons

But its all up to you in the end, if you'd like to play DH/GK then go for it, just keep in mind what has been said, We will happily try and help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help and sugestions. I have decided that daemonhunters is the way to go. I will let you know if I have probems.
    List now:
    1xGrandmaster plus retniue(7)
    2xGrey Knights(10)
    1xTerminators(5)
    1xDrednought
    1xCallidus Assasin

Thanks for your help and support

Soulcollector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Welcome to Daemonhunters! And don't get down because these guys go on and on about it being a hard first army . It's my first as well, and I'm lovin' it.

I have two things to say about your list, as it stands. First, you have 11 termies?? or was I reading that wrong? Because if so, you should definitely start buying more low-end troops. Storm troopers, or if you want a pure GK army, more power armor GK. Second, to use that assassin, you'd need to field an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord.

Good luck with 40K, and feel free to ask any questions you need!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I was a little unclear on the post mEGALOMANIAC.
    I meant 1 Terminator squad of 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Alright, much better now

For the list you have now (=I=, GK, and termies), I'd suggest this:

1) Give the Inquisitor a retinue. If he's an Inquisitor Lord, give him an even BIGGER retinue.

2) Concentrate on buying troops from this point in, You've got Termies, and an =I= to cover the upper end of your army for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitaly get more gk to give you that punch upfront id also recomend a dread for anti tank ability

PS weve all have to be new new at some point (i am too)

Closed Thread