legion of the damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

legion of the damned

Does anyone play the legion?
    Can they be feilded as a stand alone army or are they only used as reserves as the fluff suggests?
    Do they have there own codex?
    Does anyone know where cheap models can be found?

Im asking because im looking for a second army. im still trying to decide between chaos and a daemonhunter/witch hunter combo. Top of my list tho is the legion, however they are really expensive and i cant find much info on the specifics, hence the questions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind
    Does anyone play the legion?
    nobody I have personally met at least.

Can they be feilded as a stand alone army or are they only used as reserves as the fluff suggests?
    THere are no "official" rules for them at the moment, as far as I know. There used to be a chapter approved article for third edition that had rules for the cursed founding and they were a part of that. You could either field them as allies or on their own. I am sure someone can dig up the WD number for you.

Do they have there own codex?
    nope. CodexM and the chapter approved article was all they had.

Does anyone know where cheap models can be found?
    Well they did some special models with bones and flames on them. THat included extra shoulderpads and weapons. These should still be available via Mailorder. Look in the classic ranges. There was however a limited edition special character (a vet sergeant if I remember correctly)who's name escapes me right now, which I think is not officially available anymore (***cough*** EBAY ***cough***).

Other than that just use regular marines and paint bones and flames on (looks much better than the special models anyway, I think).

Just play Fire Hawks instead.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

Finaly, a time has come were my reply will help someone.

1. I have a 2000 point army of the Legion (as my user name suggests).
    2. Yes they can be fielded as a stand alone army, and a dam good one too :yes:
    3. There 'are' some rules for them, but they are old, and crappy. I suggest you mess around with heavy trait stuff, and sort of talior your army to the fluff.
    4. I got 90% of my models cheap from Ebay.
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Thanks to both of you. From what I already know and especially what legionnaire has said I think ill go for a different army, but buy a legion model now and then and slowly build up that way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Thanks to both of you. From what I already know and especially what legionnaire has said I think ill go for a different army, but buy a legion model now and then and slowly build up that way!
    i wanted to do an LOTD army until i was told that to be legal i have to use traits, so i chose not to.

nothing in the traits really fit them imo, the army appears out of no where, kicks butt, takes names, and then jets.

problem with the old rules was that the apparation rulling meant that while they can deep strike regardless of the mission, at the beginning of each of your turns, you roll a d6 for each unit and on a 1, that unit goes poof.

liek i said, im not sure which of the traits really fit, i thought about infiltrating them, but that doesnt give the same effect, and drop pods leave a giant LOS blocking piece of terrain on the board, so its not like they appear outta no where, so i dunno.

it may be stupid, but maybe use drop pod rules but without the drop pod models? im not sure who that affects though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

hmm.... i guess the one that lets you infiltrate fits, as you can say that the infiltrating is the phase in sort of thing, and use drop-pods for dreadnought. So, you are using real rules / traits, but putting a legion twist on them.
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    hmm.... i guess the one that lets you infiltrate fits, as you can say that the infiltrating is the phase in sort of thing, and use drop-pods for dreadnought. So, you are using real rules / traits, but putting a legion twist on them.
    advantages: possibly, the infiltrate skill, id deffinately say the furious charge skill

disadvantages: if you want something fluffly, id say either the one that limits termie and dreads or the one that removes one heavy, elite, and fast attack option,

itd be nice if they put out either more rules for some of these chapters or a more in depth trait system, i dont feel most of the chapters can be represented correctly using 2 and a half pages of traits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Ok, had time to dig around my WD collection.

The cursed founding rules where in UK WD 279 (March 2003). page 48.

(and the rules for the Lamenters are the most useless ones ever produced).
    Shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread