Daemonhunters Additions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there is a topic like this already posted, but none of that topic really applies, since it uses an inquisitor.

I have 7 GK termies, which I normally have arranged as a HQ (Grand master) with a 3 strong rentinue and a squad of 3 as elites (HQ has a Psycannon armed model, the elites are for deep strike with incinerator for lots of close burning) and Grey Knights (4 Justicars, 16 GKs, 4 of which have Incinerators). I also have a Land Raider Crusader. If I have my Army list with Holocausts on the Termies and hammerhand on the Hero, with master crafted weapons and psycannon bolts all round, i can get to a nice figure of 1550. I was wonder what flaws/gaping holes there are in this army and what units to buy next, to get it to a nice value of 1850pts.

The fully arranged army list can be found at Daemonhunters list

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

link doesnt work for me mate dunno about others.

to make a pur grey knight list I personally feel you need to limit the toys and fill up on boys.

They are already phenominal adding incinerators and psycannons to anyone but a grand master or termies is a waste in my book. Attrition is the biggest killer of grey knights because no matter how awesome they are their still just toughness 4 3+ save dudes, so the more you have the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you would save alot of points by dumping the elite termie squad and adding two to the GM retinue - also bigger squads is better, this could save you some points on Justicars

and while I dont always agree with orius I definitely think you need more GK - 16 ain't enough in a pure GK list

if you take your remaining 300 points and add another full squad of 10 GK's I think you'll be getting there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a dread. You have no lascannons/missle launcher in the army I see. You already have a troop killer (LRC). They would make an excellent combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, the link will now work. Stupid geocities and their lower case rules....

I hear what your all saying about attrition, I was playing a game aganst Chaos and Eldar with some IG tagged on. Me and two space marine chapter armies got smashed at the beginning, although when teleport attack arrived, then entire IG army went down to my Grand Master + Retinue . I lost all of my Grey Knight troops, except two men to abbadon and a rentinue or termies. I also lost Coteaz, the fraility of Inquisitors put me off them for life <_< .

So from what I gather more Grey Knights and maybe a Dreadnought. Would it be clever to drop the LRC for more troops? I know this is moving onto army lists sort of section, but i&#39;m just not too certain, it&#39;s a lot of Victory points to lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your lsit very effective. I would maybe combine a few of the units and use the points spent on justicars to buy more troops, but as it is now it may work. objective missions may be hard it will be easy to knock those units below half.

However id like to comment on the inquistors point. Inquistors are some of the most characters around, I mean for 18 points you can buy him three extra would with a 4+ invulnerable. Also the fact you can delegate wounds to these acolytes makes inquistors the ONLY independent character that can successfuly use a thunderhammer or power fist.

inquistor with hammerhand and digital weapons has 5 attacks base 5 of which ws 5 int 5 at str 6, and one of which is int 7 str 4.

add in a reinue of 3 powerfist servitors 3 storm shield acolytes, 2 heirophants and a familiar for cheap throw away troops you have an adequate hand to hand unit that cost less then any other hand to hand unit of that caliber.

however the stand back and shoot like nuts inquistor retinue is still far better especially with a wall of imperial meat shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont realy like the army outlook i think it should be like this

HQ- GM/retuine 4 termis

ELITES- 5 termis (1 incinerator)

TROOPS- 20-35 GK

HEAVY SUPPORT- DREAd (well equipted)

overall you might win with that army but id say drop the LR and get teleport homers . buy more GKs and more termis then your army will be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i&#39;d take alot more deepstrikin guys,maybe an inquisitor and 1 of the assisins depending on who u&#39;re versing.
    &#39;No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous&#39;

Closed Thread