WH and emperor's tarot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH and emperor's tarot

I'm in the process of assembling my WH army, so I dont have practical experience playing them yet. If I do the mechanized rhino wh list, it seems that gettting first turn would be very valuable for obvious reasons. I was wondering, what do folks think about taking an allied DH inquisitor (with a shooty retinue) instead of a retributor squad, and giving him the emperor's tarot?

Winning the first turn seems like it would be quite important for an army mounted in rhinos. I know my tau could blow up 2 or 3 rhinos if they won first turn against a mech WH army...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

It depends... I dont like adding to the basic list because:

1. with the right terrain you can deploy your rhinos out of sight anyway

2. and more importantly, you are gonna get shot at anyway, the point with the mech SoB list is to present a target rich environment where he can not take out all the vehicles and which ever ones he takes out, the others will get him, spending points on other things will detract from this and make life easier for him
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i'd try it out first with a proxy or something a couple times before calling it quits.
    You never know, your idea might become the next "rhino rush"

Cheers!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

I've tried it before with my mech SOB army and love it, even though both times it backfired on me... (yes, both times me and my opponent rolled the same number, go figure )

but it has definete potential for being so cheap, its much better than a liber herisius (sp?) in my eyes at least. Its also great for when i field an inquisitor, as i field them just to use an assassin so i dont use any other wargear than the emperor's tarot and like a bolter. (actually gives him a purpose now)
    Last edited by gen.nehring; October 29th, 2006 at 05:42.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    liber herisius (sp?)
    Liber Heresius

Ouch, bad luck, but yes, I can see how it would be fun and effective if it did work.

Lmao, yes, now he has a purpose, bahahahahahaa!

-THe God of all Machines
    W/D/L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

How does it look from the statistical point of view? You get +1 on your roll (if it is not a tie). So, if you are winning, you are winning by even more. If you are loosing, you get a chance for a tie. If you are tied, you actually lose... It seems to me that the LH is a better option as it always works, and if your strategy depends on the deployment, than I would want to make sure that I do win that roll, and not get a chance at winning... No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying Liber Hereisus wouldn't work...It's great!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I understand, I am just saying that for 5pts more you get the item that should work better (be more reliable) as far as the dice rolls go. Of course, you probably will want your =][= to be a Lord to get the higher Ld for this test, so at the end it will end up costing quite a bit more...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Depending on the board you are playing on getting the first turn is also not always a good thing. If there is plenty of terrain such that you can hide all your Rhinos out of LOS in deployment then going second is an advantage as that way the enemy loses a turns shooting at you, and you get the final player turn of the game.

With sisters it also isn't all that important even when facing assaulty armies. Sisters lack the long-range firepower to stand and shoot at charging nids or the like and have to move up on them as they get close. In that case your first turn would likely be spent standing waiting for them to get a little closer so they will be in the 18" rush and bail range of your bolter and flamer toting Rhino squads. The first turn may be useful for shuffling your forces to better positions, but maybe not enough to justify the cost of an Inq and Tarot.

+ Reply to Thread