Grey knight terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey knight terminators

What is the best GK terminator squad composition for assualty armies, I want to include one in my blood angels army to get around the black rage. thanks for your help ..:yes:

-Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It-
    -It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What is the best GK terminator squad composition for assualty armies, I want to include one in my blood angels army to get around the black rage. thanks for your help ..:yes:
    Why would you want to get around one of your greatest strenghts (granted it can be a weakness in certain situations) Um well i suppose a six man squad would do the trick for most situations without eating up an incredible amount of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly where your coming from. Your not the first BA player to think of this. Just use the basic Squad comp for this. You can use it in a HQ slot or Elite. Try not to load them down with gear I.E. Thunderhammer or Psycannon. If you use it as a Elite choice you can have as little as 3 in squad including Brother Captain. How many points you have too spare. GK terminators are great at close combat.
    3K Highest Elves
    2K RavenWing
    2K Saim-Hann Eldar
    3K Tau
    4K Pts Freaky Fast ORCS
    5K Hive Fleet Devourer
    2.5K Bretonnian Knights
    3K Tomb Kings

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap
    What is the best GK terminator squad composition for assualty armies [...]?
    "Assaulty" is the GKT's middle name. This is what they're good at. Assaults is where you need to be putting them.

It all depends on the points level of your game. IMHO, the smallest, cheapest, yet still effective GKT squad is a BC with 4 GKTs in the retinue. I also prefer one GKT with the TH/SS loadout and one with the psycannon, both for extra shootiness and to make up for the lost storm bolter on the TH/SS GKT. At 270 pts, this is a lot to spend on just 5 models for games under 1500 pts.

The most expensive squad I would take would be a GM with psycannon (BS 5!) and icon of the just, 5 GKTs in the retinue, including a psycannon. This squad will set you back 430 pts. The problem is that the GM really is worth his points, but the DH armoury [unforgivably] has no instakill protection (hence the IotJ), so this can be a fairly risky squad to take. In 90% of one's games, I think a BC + 2 GKTs -- which costs nearly the same amount as the GM -- is a better buy. It's the same number of wounds, but twice the attacks and three times the shots. You miss out on Init 5 and the force weapon, but with the extra models and attacks, you won't usually be missing either.

Even though your primary army isn't DH, it's still a good idea to keep your expenditures on GKTs in check. Yes, they mow through most units like a hot knife through butter, but they die just as easily to massed fire as any other termies. Only they give more victory points to your opponent then other termies do when they die.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I have thought about adding GKT to my blood angels, but every time I think about it I come up thinking it isnt worth it. BA Lightning claw termies are better in assault, and though they can't shoot that is normally doesn't matter too much because once they hit the table everything else is normally in a fight with your scouts/jump troops. Plus because of the manditory BC and 6 extra points per terminator you can normally get another BA termy for the same price (which is to cover the cost of someone going to the death company). Just remember 6 furious assault BA termies cost 240, while 5 GK termies cost 245. And once you get in to hand to hand your BA termies are better (3 attacks with rerolls vs. 2 attacks that hit on 2s) especially on the charge when you get the init and strength bonus..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great point Nich. But to many times i've had my BA terminators mow right through a squad and be standing out in the middle of nowhere, 2 moves from the next H-H battle in the mean time they get shot to pieces. Also if your deep striking you lose the turn you come in by just standing around and once again geting shot up.Gk terminators are fearless also GKs have Aegis Armour which comes in handy against enemy psykers. Not to mention the shrouding and there powers against Chaos. Also GK terminators get +2 to there ST all the time Ba only get +1 the turn the charge, if they get the charge. Don't get me wrong I like LC terminators but there just not as versitale. Long live the Imperium!!!
    3K Highest Elves
    2K RavenWing
    2K Saim-Hann Eldar
    3K Tau
    4K Pts Freaky Fast ORCS
    5K Hive Fleet Devourer
    2.5K Bretonnian Knights
    3K Tomb Kings

+ Reply to Thread