IG induction (im lost here) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG induction (im lost here)

Allright, after almost 5 years out of the loop, i've just recently got back to 40k and Deamonhunters. I've been trying to get some IG inducted troops in the army so i can also use a leman russ but im lost at certain points. Hopefully someone will be able to clear it up for me.

1 platoon is 2 squads + command squad.
    So

1st Squad : 7 IG's, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 lascannon team (95pt)
    2st Squad: 7 IG's, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 lascannon team (95pt)

What im wondering is: Is it worth to pay another 6 for a vet sgt and shove say another plasma gun on him or not (or if this is possible at all)

Command squad:
    From what i understand its a junior officer + 4 guardsmen. And this is where i get completely lost.

It states that 2 of them can turn into a heavy weapons team...im fine up to this point. but then underneath in the codex it goes to say (six guardsmen forming 3 heavy weapons crews)

does this mean that: i can turn 2 of the 4 guardsmen into a heavy weapons team and then stick in another 2 heavy weapons teams (all lascannons for this purpose)? Or does it mean that i can have an additional 3 heavy weapons teams due to the 6 guardsmen thing and say 2 lascannons and an auto cannon + the heavy weapon team made form 2 of the 4 guardsmen?

Aside from not figuring this out, i can't find much info on the actual heavy weapons teams. Are they BS 3, T 3, much like standard troops? And are they 1 or 2 wounds?

Cheers for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie bogan View Post
    Allright, after almost 5 years out of the loop, i've just recently got back to 40k and Deamonhunters. I've been trying to get some IG inducted troops in the army so i can also use a leman russ but im lost at certain points. Hopefully someone will be able to clear it up for me.

1 platoon is 2 squads + command squad.
    So

1st Squad : 7 IG's, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 lascannon team (95pt)
    2st Squad: 7 IG's, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 lascannon team (95pt)

What im wondering is: Is it worth to pay another 6 for a vet sgt and shove say another plasma gun on him or not (or if this is possible at all)

Command squad:
    From what i understand its a junior officer + 4 guardsmen. And this is where i get completely lost.

It states that 2 of them can turn into a heavy weapons team...im fine up to this point. but then underneath in the codex it goes to say (six guardsmen forming 3 heavy weapons crews)

does this mean that: i can turn 2 of the 4 guardsmen into a heavy weapons team and then stick in another 2 heavy weapons teams (all lascannons for this purpose)? Or does it mean that i can have an additional 3 heavy weapons teams due to the 6 guardsmen thing and say 2 lascannons and an auto cannon + the heavy weapon team made form 2 of the 4 guardsmen?

Aside from not figuring this out, i can't find much info on the actual heavy weapons teams. Are they BS 3, T 3, much like standard troops? And are they 1 or 2 wounds?

Cheers for the help.
    The Support squads entry is what you are looking at, for those six Guardsmen forming three heavy weapon teams - they are a separate squad from your Command squad, and they are for the HQ Command squad only.

As for the heavy weapons teams, they are the exact same as the standard squads with heavy weapons. Two models, each with standard Guardsmen statlines, and one with a heavy weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You want page 44 of the IG codex, under "Infantry Platoon". You might be looking at a different unit in that codex, causing your confusion.

1) A single heavy weapons team is always composed of two men - one man can never have a heavy weapon alone.

2) The command squad (officer + 4 men) can take a max of ONE heavy weapon team and TWO special weapons, -OR- FOUR special weapons. So you can have an officer + four plasma guns, for example, or an officer, two plasma guns, and one lascannon team.

3) The infantry squads (10 men) can each take a max of ONE heavy weapon team and ONE special weapon. So you can have, for example, seven men, one plasma gun, and one lascannon team. Or you can have nine men and one plasma gun.

4) A single Platoon is formed of one command squad and between two and five infantry squads. Each Platoon counts as ONE Troops choice only.

You can't put a special (or heavy) weapon on a squad leader - they aren't in the armoury, so you can't buy 'em.

Heavy Weapons teams are composed of Guardsmen, and have the same stats as they do. Two Guardsman to a team means two wounds.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC View Post
    1) A single heavy weapons team is always composed of two men - one man can never have a heavy weapon alone.
    Technically, he can. You just need two men to form the "team" - however, if the second man is killed (not the one firing the heavy weapon), you may still use the heavy weapon with the first man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

True, but when you're building the list, you form it from two men.

One man can only have the weapon by himself after casualties are taken on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so technically as far as the platoon goes, basically it will contain

3 lascannon teams
    4 plasma guns

...works well enough :yes:

So basically theres a big difference between the platoon command squad and the HQ command squad. The platoon one can take 1 heavy weapon and the Hq one can take more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

so technically as far as the platoon goes, basically it will contain

3 lascannon teams
    4 plasma guns
    Remember that, instead of a Heavy weapon in the command squad, you can instead take FOUR special weapons. You've got some alternatives here.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie bogan View Post
    So basically theres a big difference between the platoon command squad and the HQ command squad. The platoon one can take 1 heavy weapon and the Hq one can take more?
    No, the HQ Command squad is restricted to one Heavy weapon as well, and NO special weapons. The only differences are a) you can get a more impressive officer leading the squad and b) you can take some crazy support squads as opposed to stock-standard infantry squads.

Anyways, don't worry about the IG Command Platoon - they're not an option in a DH army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Unless he leads his army with the IG... but then your in the wrong section not that we wouldnt help etc...

Check out the Imperial Guard Section.. they have a heap of answers to these questions..

Also check out Lost Nemesis's write up here : http://www.librarium-online.com/inde...d=22&Itemid=21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, cheers fellas, you've answered absolutely everything :yes:

Good idea on the extra 2 plasma guns instead of the las cannon, will definately see how that works with my list.

+ Reply to Thread